Score, report, and key facts
There was not much difference between them in this set with the exception of 1 break that Vasek conquered in the 10th game (6-4).
Pospisil got off on the right foot in the set after breaking Krueger in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating his break and lead 3-0. Vasek improved his lead after breaking Mitchell in the 6th (5-1) game before winning the set (6-1).
At the end of the match, Vasek scored 62 points vs. Mitchell’s 40 points.
The Canadian served very well to win 96% of the points (24/25) behind his first serve, and he won 63% points (12/19) on his second serve. The Canadian struck 10 aces and he committed 3 double faults. The Canadian won this match even if he had a tough time in converting his break points because he converted only 30% (3/10). On the other side, Krueger wasn’t able to conquer any break point. That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this encounter, the head to head between Pospisil and Krueger is 1-0 for Vasek.
Next Match: Vasek Pospisil vs. Taro Daniel – stats
Pospisil will take on Daniel in the quarter.
The last time that they locked horns, Daniel won 7-67 7-62 in the qualifications in Basel back in 2018.
Tennis Scores in Las Vegas Challenger
- Christopher O ConnellO Connell – Ryan PenistonPeniston (6-3 5-7 6-2) – See score progression
- Vasek PospisilPospisil – Mitchell KruegerKrueger (6-4 6-1) – See score progression
- Stefan KozlovKozlov – Alexander RitschardRitschard (5-7 6-4 6-1) – See score progression
- James DuckworthDuckworth – Dmitry PopkoPopko (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Steve JohnsonJohnson – Michael RedlickiRedlicki (6-4 6-4) – See score progression
- Taro DanielDaniel – Gonzalo EscobarEscobar (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Marcos GironGiron – Michail PervolarakisPervolarakis (6-0 7-64) – See score progression
- Ernesto EscobedoEscobedo – Emilio GomezGomez (7-5 3-6 6-3) – See score progression