Marcos Giron defeats Michail Pervolarakis 6-0 7-64 in the 3rd round in Las Vegas Challenger on Thursday. Giron will try to go further in the tournament when he will face Christopher O Connell in the quarter.
Score, report, and key facts
There was not much story in this set after Marcos conceded no games to Michail before winning the set 6-0.
Pervolarakis had a pretty good kick start of the set after breaking Giron in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating his break and lead 3-0. Yet, the American managed to stage a great comeback to break Pervolarakis in the 5th (2-3) game before winning the set at the breaker at 4.
At the end of the match, the American scored 75 points vs. Pervolarakis’s 52 points.
The American served extremely well to win 83% of the points (30/36) behind his first serve. Nevertheless he won only 47% points (8/17) on his second serve. The American won this match even if he was struggling in converting his break points since he converted only 31% (4/13). On the other side, the Cypriot wasn’t that great in converting his break points since he converted only 25% of his break points (1/4). That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this contest, the head to head between Giron and Pervolarakis is 1-0.
Next Match: Marcos Giron vs. Christopher O Connell – stats
Giron will fight against O Connell in the quarter.
There is no head to head record between Marcos Giron and Christopher O Connell since this will be the first time that they will play each other at pro level.
Tennis Scores in Las Vegas Challenger
- James DuckworthDuckworth – Dmitry PopkoPopko (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Marcos GironGiron – Michail PervolarakisPervolarakis (6-0 7-64) – See score progression
- Steve JohnsonJohnson – Michael RedlickiRedlicki (6-4 6-4) – See score progression
- Taro DanielDaniel – Gonzalo EscobarEscobar (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Christopher O ConnellO Connell – Ryan PenistonPeniston (6-3 5-7 6-2) – See score progression
- Vasek PospisilPospisil – Mitchell KruegerKrueger (6-4 6-1) – See score progression
- Stefan KozlovKozlov – Alexander RitschardRitschard (5-7 6-4 6-1) – See score progression
- Ernesto EscobedoEscobedo – Emilio GomezGomez (7-5 3-6 6-3) – See score progression