Score, report, and key facts
Stefano won the set after recovering from 1 break down. In fact, after dropping his serve in the 7th (3-4) game, Stefano broke back in the 8th (4-4) game before winning the set at the following breaker at 9.
Napolitano was quite dominant at the beginning of the set to break Vesely in the 1st game (1-0). Nevertheless, Jiri refused to bow to find the way to come back to break Stefano in the 6th (3-3) gamein the 10th game before winning the set (6-4) after breaking his opponent in the last game.
Napolitano had a favorable start in this set after breaking Vesely in the 1st game (1-0). Yet, the Czech succeeded in coming back to break Stefano in the 2nd (1-1) and in the 4th (3-1) game before winning the set (6-3).
A crucial moment of the match was when Vesely won 4 consecutive games in the 3rd set to change the scoreline from 0-1 to 4-1.
At the end of the match, the Czech scored 103 points vs. the Italian’s 88 points.
The Czech served extremely well to win 86% of the points (55/64) behind his first serve. Nonetheless he won only 40% points (16/40) on his second serve. Vesely struck 25 aces and he committed 9 double faults. The Czech didn’t lose the concentration in converting 83% of the break points that he procured (5/6). On the other side, Stefano wasn’t that great in converting his break points since he converted only 30% of his break points (3/10). That was one of the key issues for his loss.
After this encounter, the head to head between Vesely and Napolitano is 2-0.
Next Match: Jiri Vesely vs. Adrian Menendez-Maceiras – stats
Vesely will compete against Menendez-Maceiras in the quarter.
This will be the 2nd time that Jiri Vesely and Adrian Menendez-Maceiras clash against each other. The head to head is 1-0 for Vesely (see full H2H stats), but they have never played each other on carpet.
The last time that they played each other, Vesely won 6-3 6-1 in the qualifications in Wimbledon back in June 2019.
Tennis Scores in Ismaning Challenger
- Adrian Menendez-MaceirasMenendez-Maceiras – Quentin HalysHalys (3-6 7-65 7-65) – See score progression
- Lukas LackoLacko – Filippo BaldiBaldi (6-1 6-4) – See score progression
- Maxime CressyCressy – Yannick HanfmannHanfmann (4-6 6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Jiri VeselyVesely – Stefano NapolitanoNapolitano (6-79 6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Teimuraz GabashviliGabashvili – Marc-Andrea HueslerHuesler (6-3 4-6 7-5) – See score progression
- Julian LenzLenz – Constant LestienneLestienne (7-61 6-4) – See score progression
- Daniel MasurMasur – Luca VanniVanni (6-3 7-5) – See score progression
- Johannes HaerteisHaerteis – Zdenek KolarKolar (7-64 7-65) – See score progression