Score, report, and key facts
Both players were too good on serve during this set and the fight went to the breaker. Finally, Akira won the tiebreak at 5.
Moriya commenced this set in the best possible way after breaking Santillan in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating his break and lead 3-0. Nonetheless, there was more work to do for Moriya to win the set since Santillan managed to break back in the 7th (3-4) game. The Japanese kept his cool to break the Australian in the 8th (5-3) game before winning the set (6-3).
Santillan lost the 8th game (5-3) when he had 3 consecutive game points when leading 40-0.
The set was pretty even as both sides managed to hold the serve. The only difference was 1 break that Moriya conquered in the 5th game (3-2) before winning the set (6-4).
At the end of the match, Moriya scored 121 points vs. Santillan’s 110 points.
Hiroki served pretty well to win 80% of the points (60/75) behind his first serve. Notwithstanding he won only 36% points (16/44) on his second serve. Moriya was well focused in converting 50% of the break points that he conquered (3/6). On the other side, Santillan was not so effective in converting his break points as he converted only 10% of his break points (1/10). That was one of the key issues for his demise.
After this contest, the head to head between Moriya and Santillan is 2-1.
Next Match: Hiroki Moriya vs. Bradley Klahn – stats
Moriya will compete against Klahn in the quarter.
The last time that they played, Klahn won 4-6 6-3 6-4 in the qualifications in Chengdu back in September 2019.
Tennis Scores in Ningboo Challenger
- Yasutaka UchiyamaUchiyama – Enrique Lopez-PerezLopez-Perez (7-65 6-3) – See score progression
- Prajnesh GunneswaranGunneswaran – Tsung-Hua YangYang (7-61 6-3) – See score progression
- Steven DiezDiez – Christopher EubanksEubanks (7-61 7-5) – See score progression
- Hiroki MoriyaMoriya – Akira SantillanSantillan (6-75 6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Borna GojoGojo – Ze ZhangZhang (6-3 6-74 6-2) – See score progression
- Alejandro Davidovich FokinaDavidovich Fokina – Danilo PetrovicPetrovic (6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Bradley KlahnKlahn – Ji Sung NamSung Nam (7-65 7-63) – See score progression
- Frederico Ferreira SilvaFerreira Silva – Tatsuma ItoIto (6-4 7-65) – See score progression
- Hiroki MoriyaMoriya – Bradley KlahnKlahn (0-1) – See H2H details
- Prajnesh GunneswaranGunneswaran – Steven DiezDiez (0-0) – See H2H details
- Frederico Ferreira SilvaFerreira Silva – Yasutaka UchiyamaUchiyama (0-0) – See H2H details
- Alejandro Davidovich FokinaDavidovich Fokina – Borna GojoGojo (0-0) – See H2H details