Score, report, and key facts
The set was pretty even as both sides managed to hold the serve. The only difference was 1 break that the Canadian conquered in the 9th game (5-4) before winning the set (6-4).
The Canadian won the set after he broke Alexei in the 9th (5-4) game. Alexei tried to stage a comeback breaking in the 10th (5-5) game. Notwithstanding, Denis didn’t make any concession anymore before winning the set at the following breaker at 3.
The Canadian failed to serve out the set when leading 5-4 to be broken at 15.
At the end of the match, the Canadian scored 78 points vs. the Australian’s 64 points.
Shapovalov served pretty well to win 92% of the points (33/36) behind his first serve, and he won 50% points (17/34) on his second serve. The Canadian blasted 10 aces and he committed 6 double faults. Shapovalov won this match even if he had some problems in converting his break points as he converted only 40% (2/5). On the other side, Popyrin was far from perfect in converting his break points as he converted only 20% of his break points (1/5). That was one of the key issues for his loss.
After this contest, the head to head between Shapovalov and Popyrin is 1-0 for Denis.
Next Match: Denis Shapovalov vs. Cedrik-Marcel Stebe – stats
Shapovalov will play Stebe in the quarter.
There is no head to head record between Denis Shapovalov and Cedrik-Marcel Stebe since this will be the first time that they will square off at pro level.
Tennis Scores in Stockholm
- Cedrik-Marcel StebeStebe – Mikael YmerYmer (6-0 7-65) – See score progression
- Denis ShapovalovShapovalov – Alexei PopyrinPopyrin (6-4 7-63) – See score progression
- Yuichi SugitaSugita – Stefano TravagliaTravaglia (7-66 6-4) – See score progression
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – Gianluca MagerMager (6-3 7-62) – See score progression
- Janko TipsarevicTipsarevic – Fabio FogniniFognini (6-1 6-1) – See score progression
- Sam QuerreyQuerrey – Grigor DimitrovDimitrov (6-77 6-3 7-63) – See score progression
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Daniel EvansEvans (7-5 2-6 6-3) – See score progression
- Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka – Taylor Harry FritzHarry Fritz (7-5 6-4) – See score progression
- Janko TipsarevicTipsarevic – Yuichi SugitaSugita (1-0) – See H2H details
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka (0-0) – See H2H details
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – Sam QuerreyQuerrey (0-0) – See H2H details
- Denis ShapovalovShapovalov – Cedrik-Marcel StebeStebe (0-0) – See H2H details