Score, report, and key facts
Neither player conceded a service game during this set. Therefore the affair had to be decided at the tiebreak. Eventually, the Japanese won the breaker at 6.
Sugita had a favorable start in this set after breaking Travaglia in the 1st game (1-0). That break was the key for the Japanese to win the set (6-4) as no one dropped a serve anymore.
At the end of the match, Yuichi scored 84 points vs. Travaglia’s 74 points.
Yuichi served pretty well to win 78% of the points (35/45) behind his first serve, and he won 64% points (18/28) on his second serve. Sugita won this match even if he was struggling in converting his break points since he converted only 25% (1/4). On the other side, Stefano wasn’t able to conquer any break point (0/1). That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this match, the head to head between Sugita and Travaglia is 1-1.
Next Match: Yuichi Sugita vs. Janko Tipsarevic – stats
Sugita will square off with Tipsarevic in the quarter.
This will be the 2nd time that Yuichi Sugita and Janko Tipsarevic clash against each other. The head to head is 1-0 for Tipsarevic (see full H2H stats), but they have never competed against each other on I.hard.
The last time that they locked horns, Tipsarevic won 7-65 3-6 6-0 in the 1st round in Hertogenbosch back in 2017.
Tennis Scores in Stockholm
- Janko TipsarevicTipsarevic – Fabio FogniniFognini (6-1 6-1) – See score progression
- Denis ShapovalovShapovalov – Alexei PopyrinPopyrin (6-4 7-63) – See score progression
- Cedrik-Marcel StebeStebe – Mikael YmerYmer (6-0 7-65) – See score progression
- Yuichi SugitaSugita – Stefano TravagliaTravaglia (7-66 6-4) – See score progression
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – Gianluca MagerMager (6-3 7-62) – See score progression
- Sam QuerreyQuerrey – Grigor DimitrovDimitrov (6-77 6-3 7-63) – See score progression
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Daniel EvansEvans (7-5 2-6 6-3) – See score progression
- Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka – Taylor Harry FritzHarry Fritz (7-5 6-4) – See score progression
- Janko TipsarevicTipsarevic – Yuichi SugitaSugita (1-0) – See H2H details
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka (0-0) – See H2H details
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – Sam QuerreyQuerrey (0-0) – See H2H details
- Denis ShapovalovShapovalov – Cedrik-Marcel StebeStebe (0-0) – See H2H details