Score, report, and key facts
Fognini was in a great position at the beginning of the set to break Tipsarevic in the 1st game (1-0). Anyhow, Janko managed to stage a good comeback to break Fabio 3 times in the 2nd (1-1), in the 4th (3-1) and in the 6th (5-1) game before winning the set (6-1).
Fabio was powerless in the last 6 games of the set (from 0-1 to 6-1).
Tipsarevic won the set after he broke the Italian 3 times in the 3rd (2-1), in the 5th (4-1) and in the 7th (6-1) game. That break turned to be decisive for the Serbian to conquer the set because he didn’t concede his serve during the rest of the set.
Fognini lost the plot in the last 6 games of the set (from 0-1 to 6-1).
At the end of the match, Janko scored 62 points vs. Fognini’s 36 points.
Janko served very well to win 82% of the points (18/22) behind his first serve, and he won 56% points (10/18) on his second serve. Janko won this match even if he had some problems in converting his break points because he converted only 40% (6/15). On the other side, Fabio was pretty good in converting 50% of the break points that he conquered points (1/2). Anyhow, that was not enough to win the contest.
After this match, the head to head between Tipsarevic and Fognini is 2-0 for Janko.
Next Match: Janko Tipsarevic vs. Yuichi Sugita – stats
Tipsarevic will come up against Sugita in the quarter.
The last time that they fought against each other, Tipsarevic won 7-65 3-6 6-0 in the 1st round in S Hertogenbosch back in 2017.
Tennis Scores in Stockholm
- Janko TipsarevicTipsarevic – Fabio FogniniFognini (6-1 6-1) – See score progression
- Denis ShapovalovShapovalov – Alexei PopyrinPopyrin (6-4 7-63) – See score progression
- Cedrik-Marcel StebeStebe – Mikael YmerYmer (6-0 7-65) – See score progression
- Yuichi SugitaSugita – Stefano TravagliaTravaglia (7-66 6-4) – See score progression
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – Gianluca MagerMager (6-3 7-62) – See score progression
- Sam QuerreyQuerrey – Grigor DimitrovDimitrov (6-77 6-3 7-63) – See score progression
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Daniel EvansEvans (7-5 2-6 6-3) – See score progression
- Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka – Taylor Harry FritzHarry Fritz (7-5 6-4) – See score progression
- Janko TipsarevicTipsarevic – Yuichi SugitaSugita (1-0) – See H2H details
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka (0-0) – See H2H details
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – Sam QuerreyQuerrey (0-0) – See H2H details
- Denis ShapovalovShapovalov – Cedrik-Marcel StebeStebe (0-0) – See H2H details