Score, report, and key facts
Evans had a favorable start in this set after breaking Krajinovic in the 1st game (1-0). Notwithstanding, Filip refused to bow to come back to break the Brit in the 6th (3-3) gamein the 12th game before winning the set (7-5) after breaking his opponent in the last game.
Daniel in this set didn’t concede much to Filip and therefore he won 6-2 after breaking the Serbian in the 3rd (2-1) and in the 7th (5-2) game.
Krajinovic won the set after he broke Daniel in the 4th (3-1) and in the 8th (5-3) game. Daniel tried to stage a comeback breaking in the 7th (4-3) game. Notwithstanding, the Serbian kept the situation under control before winning the set 6-3.
At the end of the match, the Serbian scored 94 points vs. the Brit’s 93 points.
The Serbian won this match even if he had a tough time in converting his break points because he converted only 40% (4/10). On the other side, Daniel was struggling in converting his break points because he converted only 33% of his break points (4/12). That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this match, the head to head between Krajinovic and Evans is 1-0 for Filip.
Next Match: Filip Krajinovic vs. Yoshihito Nishioka – stats
Krajinovic will play Nishioka in the quarter.
There is no head to head record between Filip Krajinovic and Yoshihito Nishioka since this will be the first time that they will face off at pro level.
The last time that they competed against each other, Krajinovic won 3-6 6-2 6-4 in the semifinal in Vicenza Challenger back in 2014.
Tennis Scores in Stockholm
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Daniel EvansEvans (7-5 2-6 6-3) – See score progression
- Sam QuerreyQuerrey – Grigor DimitrovDimitrov (6-77 6-3 7-63) – See score progression
- Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka – Taylor Harry FritzHarry Fritz (7-5 6-4) – See score progression
- Fabio FogniniFognini – Janko TipsarevicTipsarevic (0-1) – See H2H details
- Yuichi SugitaSugita – Stefano TravagliaTravaglia (0-1) – See H2H details
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka (0-0) – See H2H details
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – Gianluca MagerMager (0-0) – See H2H details
- Denis ShapovalovShapovalov – Alexei PopyrinPopyrin (0-0) – See H2H details
- Mikael YmerYmer – Cedrik-Marcel StebeStebe (0-0) – See H2H details