Score, report, and key facts
Yoshihito clinched the set after recovering from 1 break down. In fact, after conceding his serve in the 8th (3-5) game, Yoshihito broke back in the 9th (4-5) and in the 11th (6-5) game before winning the set 7-5.
The American had no answers in the last 4 games of the set (from 3-5 to 7-5).
Nishioka got off on the right foot in the set after breaking Harry Fritz in the 1st game (1-0). Nevertheless, there was more to do for the Japanese to win the set because the American found the way to break back in the 8th (3-5) game.
At the end of the match, the Japanese scored 64 points vs. the American’s 53 points.
Nishioka was pretty effective in converting 80% of the break points that he conquered (4/5). On the other side, the American was pretty effective in converting 67% of the break points that he procured points (2/3). However, that was not enough to win the match.
After this match, the head to head between Nishioka and Harry Fritz is 2-0 for Yoshihito.
Next Match: Yoshihito Nishioka vs. Filip Krajinovic – stats
Nishioka will square off with Krajinovic in the quarter.
There is no head to head record between Yoshihito Nishioka and Filip Krajinovic since this will be the first time that they will face off in the main tour.
The last time that they locked horns, Krajinovic won 3-6 6-2 6-4 in the semifinal in Vicenza Challenger back in 2014.
Tennis Scores in Stockholm
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Daniel EvansEvans (7-5 2-6 6-3) – See score progression
- Sam QuerreyQuerrey – Grigor DimitrovDimitrov (6-77 6-3 7-63) – See score progression
- Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka – Taylor Harry FritzHarry Fritz (7-5 6-4) – See score progression
- Fabio FogniniFognini – Janko TipsarevicTipsarevic (0-1) – See H2H details
- Yuichi SugitaSugita – Stefano TravagliaTravaglia (0-1) – See H2H details
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka (0-0) – See H2H details
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – Gianluca MagerMager (0-0) – See H2H details
- Denis ShapovalovShapovalov – Alexei PopyrinPopyrin (0-0) – See H2H details
- Mikael YmerYmer – Cedrik-Marcel StebeStebe (0-0) – See H2H details