Score, report, and key facts
Flipkens had a racing start in this set after breaking Dabrowski in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating her break and lead 4-0. Yet, there was more to do for the Belgian to win the set since Dabrowski managed to break back in the 5th (1-4) game. Kirsten kept her cool to break Gabriela in the 6th (5-1) game before conquering the set (6-1).
A crucial moment of the match was when Kirsten won 4 consecutive games in the 1st set to change the scoreline from 0-0 to 4-0.
There was not much difference between them in this set with the exception of 1 break that Flipkens conquered in the 3rd game (2-1) before winning the set (6-4).
At the end of the match, Flipkens scored 63 points vs. Gabriela’s 43 points.
The Belgian served extremely well to win 76% of the points (26/34) behind her first serve, and she won 53% points (10/19) on her second serve. Flipkens was effective in converting 67% of the break points that she procured (4/6). On the other side, Dabrowski was struggling in finding the solution in converting her break points since she converted only 20% of her break points (1/5). That was one of the key issues for her loss.
After this contest, the head to head between Flipkens and Dabrowski is 1-0 for Kirsten.
Next Match: Kirsten Flipkens vs. Natalia Vikhlyantseva – stats
Flipkens will come up against Vikhlyantseva in the 1st round.
This will be the 2nd time that Kirsten Flipkens and Natalia Vikhlyantseva face off. The head to head is 1-0 for Vikhlyantseva (see full H2H stats), but they have never competed against each other on I.hard.
The last time that they squared off, Vikhlyantseva won 6-3 6-3 in the qualifications in Cincinnati back in 2018.
Tennis Scores in Moscow
- Jana CepelovaCepelova – Isabella ShinikovaShinikova (7-5 6-4) – See score progression
- Kirsten FlipkensFlipkens – Gabriela DabrowskiDabrowski (6-1 6-4) – See score progression
- Kaia KanepiKanepi – Tereza MartincovaMartincova (6-2 6-3) – See score progression
- Varvara GrachevaGracheva – Giulia Gatto-MonticoneGatto-Monticone (6-1 6-3) – See score progression
- Ons JabeurJabeur – Veronika KudermetovaKudermetova (0-1) – See H2H details
- Varvara GrachevaGracheva – Ajla TomljanovicTomljanovic (0-0) – See H2H details
- Anastasia PavlyuchenkovaPavlyuchenkova – Maria SakkariSakkari (0-1) – See H2H details
- Jana CepelovaCepelova – Ekaterina AlexandrovaAlexandrova (0-1) – See H2H details
- Dayana YastremskaYastremska – Darya KasatkinaKasatkina (0-0) – See H2H details
- Kirsten FlipkensFlipkens – Natalia VikhlyantsevaVikhlyantseva (0-1) – See H2H details
- Polona HercogHercog – Katerina SiniakovaSiniakova (2-1) – See H2H details
- Kristina MladenovicMladenovic – Yulia PutintsevaPutintseva (2-1) – See H2H details
- Timea BabosBabos – Kaia KanepiKanepi (0-2) – See H2H details
- Donna VekicVekic – Karolina MuchovaMuchova (0-0) – See H2H details