Score, report, and key facts
Kuzmova was in a great position at the beginning of the set to break Volynets in the 1st game (1-0). However, the American refused to bow to find the way to come back to break the Slovakian in the 6th (3-3) game before winning the set at the breaker at 4.
The set was even with both players refusing to concede anything to the opposition. Eventually, the only discrepancy was one break that Kuzmova conquered in the 4th game (3-1) before winning the set (7-6).
Similarly to the 2nd set, both players managed to hold their serve for the entire set. The only difference was just 1 break that Viktoria conquered in the 7th game (6-1) before winning the set (6-1).
At the end of the match, Kuzmova scored 111 points vs. the American’s 90 points.
The Slovakian served exceptionally well to win 77% of the points (37/48) behind her first serve, and she won 59% points (29/49) on her second serve. Kuzmova was effective in converting 63% of the break points that she procured (5/8). On the other side, Volynets was fantastic in converting all the break points (2/2). Nevertheless, that was not enough to win the match.
After this contest, the head to head between Kuzmova and Volynets is 1-0 for Viktoria.
Highlights Viktoria Kuzmova vs. Katie Volynets BGL Luxembourg Open – Luxembourg
Next Match: Viktoria Kuzmova vs. Marta Kostyuk or Laura Siegemund – stats
There is no head to head record between Viktoria Kuzmova and Marta Kostyuk since this will be the first time that they will clash against each other at pro level.
Tennis Scores in Luxembourg
- Viktoria KuzmovaKuzmova – Katie VolynetsVolynets (6-74 7-61 6-1) – See score progression
- Margarita GasparyanGasparyan – Jil TeichmannTeichmann (2-6 7-64 6-3) – See score progression
- Denisa AllertovaAllertova – Mandy MinellaMinella (6-7(7) 7-6(5) 7-6(6)) – See score progression
- Kristyna PliskovaPliskova – Aliona BolsovaBolsova (6-2 7-6(4)) – See score progression
- Antonia LottnerLottner – Renata VoracovaVoracova (0-0) – See H2H details
- Stefanie VoegeleVoegele – Marta KostyukKostyuk (0-0) – See H2H details
- Elise MertensMertens – Stefanie VoegeleVoegele (1-0) – See H2H details
- Caty McNallyMcNally – Jelena OstapenkoOstapenko (0-0) – See H2H details
- Andrea PetkovicPetkovic – Camila GiorgiGiorgi (2-4) – See H2H details
- Alison Van UytvanckVan Uytvanck – Monica NiculescuNiculescu (2-1) – See H2H details
- Cori GauffGauff – Anna BlinkovaBlinkova (0-0) – See H2H details
- Laura SiegemundSiegemund – Marta KostyukKostyuk (0-0) – See H2H details
- Chloe PaquetPaquet – Elena RybakinaRybakina (0-0) – See H2H details
- Fiona FerroFerro – Monica PuigPuig (0-0) – See H2H details
- Pauline ParmentierParmentier – Sorana CirsteaCirstea (1-2) – See H2H details
- Misaki DoiDoi – Julia GoergesGoerges (0-1) – See H2H details