Score, report, and key facts
There was not much difference between them in this set with the exception of 1 break that the Slovakian conquered in the 5th game (3-2) before winning the set (6-4).
Neither player conceded a service game during this set. Therefore the affair had to be decided at the tiebreak. Eventually, Edmund won the breaker at 6.
Edmund didn’t want to give any chance to the opposition at the beginning of the set after breaking Gombos in the 1st game (1-0). Yet, the Slovakian refused to bow to come back to break Edmund in the 2nd (1-1) and in the 8th (5-3) game before winning the set (6-3).
At the end of the match, Gombos scored 103 points vs. the Brit’s 93 points.
Norbert served exceptionally well to win 78% of the points (57/73) behind his first serve. Nevertheless he won only 48% points (14/29) on his second serve. The Slovakian blasted 10 aces and he committed 2 double faults. Norbert won this match even if he was struggling in finding the solution in converting his break points because he converted only 30% (3/10). On the other side, Kyle was struggling in finding the solution in converting his break points because he converted only 25% of his break points (1/4). That was one of the key issues for his loss.
After this encounter, the head to head between Gombos and Edmund is 1-0 for Norbert.
Next Match: Norbert Gombos vs. Yannick Maden – stats
Gombos will square off with Maden in the qualifications.
There is no head to head record between Norbert Gombos and Yannick Maden since this will be the first time that they will fight against each other at pro level.
The last time that they fought against each other, Gombos won 6-0 4-6 6-3 in the 2nd round in Orleans Challenger back in 2017.
Tennis Scores in Antwerp
- Antoine HoangHoang – Carlos TabernerTaberner (6-2 3-6 6-2) – See score progression
- Norbert GombosGombos – Kyle EdmundEdmund (6-4 6-76 6-3) – See score progression
- Paolo LorenziLorenzi – Arnaud BovyBovy (6-75 6-1 6-4) – See score progression
- Yannick MadenMaden – Salvatore CarusoCaruso (6-2 6-4) – See score progression
- Gregoire BarrereBarrere – Pedro Martinez PorteroMartinez Portero (6-0 6-4) – See score progression
- Marius CopilCopil – Ruben BemelmansBemelmans (6-4 6-4) – See score progression
- Kamil MajchrzakMajchrzak – Sergiy StakhovskyStakhovsky (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Jaume Antoni Munar ClarAntoni Munar Clar – Marco TrungellitiTrungelliti (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Feliciano LopezLopez – Cameron NorrieNorrie (0-1) – See H2H details
- Andy MurrayMurray – Kimmer CoppejansCoppejans (0-0) – See H2H details
- Pablo CuevasCuevas – Hugo DellienDellien (0-0) – See H2H details
- Gilles SimonSimon – Steve DarcisDarcis (0-1) – See H2H details
- Marius CopilCopil – Antoine HoangHoang (0-0) – See H2H details
- Guido PellaPella – Peter GojowczykGojowczyk (1-2) – See H2H details
- Norbert GombosGombos – Yannick MadenMaden (0-0) – See H2H details
- Gregoire BarrereBarrere – Paolo LorenziLorenzi (0-0) – See H2H details
- Soon-Woo KwonKwon – Richard GasquetGasquet (0-0) – See H2H details
- Kamil MajchrzakMajchrzak – Jaume Antoni Munar ClarAntoni Munar Clar (1-0) – See H2H details
- Lorenzo SonegoSonego – Jo-Wilfried TsongaTsonga (0-1) – See H2H details
- Ugo HumbertHumbert – Jozef KovalikKovalik (0-0) – See H2H details