Score, report, and key facts
The Japanese in this set played a much better tennis than the French Player and for that reason he won 6-2 after breaking Couacaud in the 6th (4-2) and in the 8th (6-2) game.
Couacaud was outplayed in the last 4 games of the set (from 2-2 to 6-2).
Couacaud had a running start at the beginning of the set after breaking Sugita in the 1st game (1-0). However, Yuichi refused to bow to find the way to come back to break Enzo in the 6th (3-3) gamein the 10th game before winning the set (6-4) after breaking his opponent in the last game.
At the end of the match, Yuichi scored 58 points vs. Couacaud’s 42 points.
The Japanese served very well to win 79% of the points (22/28) behind his first serve, and he won 69% points (11/16) on his second serve. Yuichi was pretty good in converting 50% of the break points that he procured (4/8). On the other side, Couacaud was fantastic in converting all the break points (1/1). Nevertheless, that was not enough to win the match.
After this encounter, the head to head between Sugita and Couacaud is 1-0 for Yuichi.
Next Match: Yuichi Sugita vs. Alexei Popyrin – stats
Sugita will play Popyrin in the qualifications.
There is no head to head record between Yuichi Sugita and Alexei Popyrin since this will be the first time that they will fight against each other in the main tour.
Tennis Scores in Stockholm
- Yuichi SugitaSugita – Enzo CouacaudCouacaud (6-2 6-4) – See score progression
- Lucas RenardRenard – Ernests GulbisGulbis (7-5 ret.) – See score progression
- Gianluca MagerMager – Simon YitbarekYitbarek (6-2 7-5) – See score progression
- Tommy PaulPaul – Markus ErikssonEriksson (6-1 6-1) – See score progression
- Cedrik-Marcel StebeStebe – Hyeon ChungChung (3-6 6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Dennis NovakNovak – Viktor TroickiTroicki (7-5 6-1) – See score progression
- Alexei PopyrinPopyrin – Tobias KamkeKamke (7-5 7-61) – See score progression
- Oscar OtteOtte – Tommy RobredoRobredo (6-0 4-6 6-1) – See score progression
- Janko TipsarevicTipsarevic – Corentin MoutetMoutet (0-0) – See H2H details
- Daniel EvansEvans – Bernard TomicTomic (3-1) – See H2H details
- Radu AlbotAlbot – Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka (1-0) – See H2H details
- Stefano TravagliaTravaglia – Reilly OpelkaOpelka (0-0) – See H2H details
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Casper RuudRuud (0-0) – See H2H details
- Cedrik-Marcel StebeStebe – Oscar OtteOtte (1-0) – See H2H details
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – John MillmanMillman (1-1) – See H2H details
- Gianluca MagerMager – Dennis NovakNovak (0-0) – See H2H details
- Brayden SchnurSchnur – Fernando VerdascoVerdasco (0-0) – See H2H details
- Tommy PaulPaul – Lucas RenardRenard (0-0) – See H2H details
- Alexei PopyrinPopyrin – Yuichi SugitaSugita (0-0) – See H2H details
- Mikael YmerYmer – Joao SousaSousa (0-1) – See H2H details