Score, report, and key facts
Kuzmova enjoyed quite a good start of the set after breaking Petkovic in the 1st game (1-0). However, Andrea was not done to come back to break the Slovakian 4 times in the 2nd (1-1), in the 6th (3-3), in the 8th (4-4) gamein the 10th game before winning the set (6-4) after breaking his opponent in the last game.
Petkovic started the set strong after breaking Kuzmova in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating her break and lead 3-0. Andrea managed to strengthen her lead after breaking Viktoria in the 6th (5-1) game before conquering the set (6-1).
At the end of the match, the German scored 66 points vs. the Slovakian’s 46 points.
Petkovic won this match even if she was struggling in finding the solution in converting her break points because she converted only 46% (6/13). On the other side, the Slovakian was effective when converting 60% of the break points that she procured points (3/5). Yet, that was not enough to win the encounter.
After this encounter, the head to head between Petkovic and Kuzmova is 1-0 for Andrea.
Next Match: Andrea Petkovic vs. Cori Gauff – stats
Petkovic will take on Gauff in the semifinal.
There is no head to head record between Andrea Petkovic and Cori Gauff since this will be the first time that they will face off in the main tour.
Tennis Scores in Linz
- Cori GauffGauff – Kiki BertensBertens (7-61 6-4) – See score progression
- Jelena OstapenkoOstapenko – Elena RybakinaRybakina (7-5 6-1) – See score progression
- Andrea PetkovicPetkovic – Viktoria KuzmovaKuzmova (6-4 6-1) – See score progression
- Ekaterina AlexandrovaAlexandrova – Kristina MladenovicMladenovic (6-2 6-4) – See score progression
- Viktoria Kuzmova/Yana SizikovaKuzmova/Yana Sizikova – Anna Blinkova/Makoto NinomiyaBlinkova/Makoto Ninomiya (6-4 3-6 12-10) – See score progression
- Cori Gauff/Caty McNallyGauff/Caty McNally – Laura Siegemund/Katarina SrebotnikSiegemund/Katarina Srebotnik (7-64 6-4) – See score progression