Score, report, and key facts
Neither player conceded a service game during this set. Therefore the affair had to be decided at the tiebreak. Finally, Petkovic won the breaker at 2.
Goerges wasn’t able to offer any resistance in this set and Andrea won the set 6-0.
At the end of the match, Petkovic scored 70 points vs. Julia’s 51 points.
Andrea served very well to win 78% of the points (36/46) behind her first serve, and she won 57% points (13/23) on her second serve. Petkovic was great in converting all the break points (3/3). On the other side, Julia wasn’t able to conquer any break point (0/3). That was one of the key issues for her defeat.
After this match, the head to head between Petkovic and Goerges is 4-2 for Andrea.
Next Match: Andrea Petkovic vs. Viktoria Kuzmova – stats
Petkovic will face Kuzmova in the quarter.
There is no head to head record between Andrea Petkovic and Viktoria Kuzmova since this will be the first time that they will clash against each other at pro level.
Tennis Scores in Linz
- Ekaterina AlexandrovaAlexandrova – Laura SiegemundSiegemund (7-61 2-6 6-4) – See score progression
- Kiki BertensBertens – Alison Van UytvanckVan Uytvanck (4-6 6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Viktoria KuzmovaKuzmova – Anastasia PavlyuchenkovaPavlyuchenkova (2-6 6-2 6-4) – See score progression
- Jelena OstapenkoOstapenko – Alize CornetCornet (7-5 4-1 ret.) – See score progression
- Kristina MladenovicMladenovic – Donna VekicVekic (3-6 6-1 6-2) – See score progression
- Elena RybakinaRybakina – Anna-Lena FriedsamFriedsam (6-3 5-7 6-4) – See score progression
- Andrea PetkovicPetkovic – Julia GoergesGoerges (7-62 6-0) – See score progression
- Cori GauffGauff – Kateryna KozlovaKozlova (4-6 6-4 2-0 ret.) – See score progression