Score, report, and key facts
Anastasia in this set didn’t concede much to Kuzmova and for that reason she won 6-2 after breaking Kuzmova in the 3rd (2-1) and in the 7th (5-2) game.
Kuzmova in this set didn’t concede much to Pavlyuchenkova and consequentely she won 6-2 after breaking Anastasia in the 6th (4-2) and in the 8th (6-2) game.
Anastasia had no answers in the last 4 games of the set (from 2-2 to 6-2).
Kuzmova was in a great position at the beginning of the set to break Pavlyuchenkova in the 2nd game (2-0). Notwithstanding, there was more to do for the Slovakian to win the set since Anastasia managed to break back in the 3rd (1-2) and in the 5th (3-2) game. The Slovakian maintained her focus to break Pavlyuchenkova in the 8th (4-4) and in the 10th (6-4) game.
The Russian was not able to offer any resistance in the last 4 games of the set (from 2-4 to 6-4).
Yet also the Russian won 4 consecutive games from 0-2 to 4-2
The Slovakian won this encounter even if she won less points than Pavlyuchenkova (80 vs. 82).
Kuzmova was pretty good in converting 56% of the break points that she procured (5/9). On the other side, the Russian had a tough time in converting her break points as she converted only 40% of her break points (4/10). That was one of the key issues for her demise.
After this contest, the head to head between Kuzmova and Pavlyuchenkova is 2-1 for Viktoria.
Next Match: Viktoria Kuzmova vs. Andrea Petkovic – stats
Kuzmova will fight against Petkovic in the quarter.
There is no head to head record between Viktoria Kuzmova and Andrea Petkovic since this will be the first time that they will face off in the main tour.
Tennis Scores in Linz
- Kiki BertensBertens – Alison Van UytvanckVan Uytvanck (4-6 6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Jelena OstapenkoOstapenko – Alize CornetCornet (7-5 4-1 ret.) – See score progression
- Kristina MladenovicMladenovic – Donna VekicVekic (3-6 6-1 6-2) – See score progression
- Ekaterina AlexandrovaAlexandrova – Laura SiegemundSiegemund (7-61 2-6 6-4) – See score progression
- Viktoria KuzmovaKuzmova – Anastasia PavlyuchenkovaPavlyuchenkova (2-6 6-2 6-4) – See score progression
- Elena RybakinaRybakina – Anna-Lena FriedsamFriedsam (6-3 5-7 6-4) – See score progression
- Cori GauffGauff – Kateryna KozlovaKozlova (4-6 6-4 2-0 ret.) – See score progression
- Andrea PetkovicPetkovic – Julia GoergesGoerges (7-62 6-0) – See score progression