Score, report, and key facts
Both players managed to hold their serve for the entire set. The only difference was just 1 break that Djokovic conquered in the 12th game (7-5).
Djokovic had a favorable start in this set after breaking Isner in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating his break and lead 3-0. That break turned to be decisive for the Serbian to win the set (6-3) as no one dropped a serve anymore.
At the end of the match, the Serbian scored 68 points vs. Isner’s 47 points.
Novak served very well to win 88% of the points (36/41) behind his first serve, and he won 73% points (8/11) on his second serve. Novak was absolutely great in converting all the break points (2/2). On the other side, Isner wasn’t able to conquer any break point. That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this match, the head to head between Djokovic and Isner is 10-2 for Novak.
Highlights Novak Djokovic vs. John Isner Shanghai Rolex Masters – Shanghai
Next Match: Novak Djokovic vs. Stefanos Tsitsipas – stats
Djokovic will come up against Tsitsipas in the quarter.
The last time that they played each other, Djokovic won 6-3 6-4 in the final in Madrid back in May 2019.
Tennis Scores in Shanghai
- Alexander ZverevZverev – Andrey RublevRublev (6-0 7-64) – See score progression
- Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas – Hubert HurkaczHurkacz (7-5 3-6 7-65) – See score progression
- Fabio FogniniFognini – Karen KhachanovKhachanov (6-3 7-5) – See score progression
- Dominic ThiemThiem – Nikoloz BasilashviliBasilashvili (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Daniil MedvedevMedvedev – Vasek PospisilPospisil (7-67 7-5) – See score progression
- Novak DjokovicDjokovic – John IsnerIsner (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Matteo BerrettiniBerrettini – Roberto Bautista AgutBautista Agut (7-65 6-4) – See score progression
- Roger FedererFederer – David GoffinGoffin (7-67 6-4) – See score progression