Score, report, and key facts
Vekic had a racing start in this set after breaking Hercog in the 1st game (1-0). Donna improved her lead after breaking Polona in the 5th (4-1) and in the 7th (6-1) game before conquering the set.
The Slovenian was completely knocked out in the last 4 games of the set (from 2-1 to 6-1).
Vekic had a boost of confidence at the beginning of the set after breaking Hercog in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating her break and lead 3-0. Vekic managed to strengthen her lead after breaking the Slovenian in the 6th (5-1) game before winning the set (6-1).
At the end of the match, Donna scored 52 points vs. the Slovenian’s 24 points.
Vekic served pretty well to win 95% of the points (19/20) behind her first serve, and she won 69% points (9/13) on her second serve. Donna was pretty effective in converting 83% of the break points that she procured (5/6). On the other side, Hercog wasn’t able to conquer any break point. That was one of the key issues for her defeat.
After this match, the head to head between Vekic and Hercog is 1-0 for Donna.
Next Match: Donna Vekic vs. Kristina Mladenovic – stats
Vekic will fight against Mladenovic in the 2nd round.
This will be the 5th time that Donna Vekic and Kristina Mladenovic face off. The head to head is 2-2 for Vekic and Mladenovic (see full H2H stats), but they have never competed against each other on I.hard.
The last time that they played each other, Vekic won 7-5 6-4 in the quarter in Nottingham back in June 2019.
Tennis Scores in Linz
- Laura SiegemundSiegemund – Fiona FerroFerro (6-2 5-7 7-5) – See score progression
- Cori GauffGauff – Stefanie VoegeleVoegele (6-3 7-63) – See score progression
- Kristina MladenovicMladenovic – Katerina SiniakovaSiniakova (6-1 7-5) – See score progression
- Julia GoergesGoerges – Margarita GasparyanGasparyan (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Anna-Lena FriedsamFriedsam – Belinda BencicBencic (6-4 2-6 6-2) – See score progression
- Elena RybakinaRybakina – Nina StojanovicStojanovic (7-65 6-2) – See score progression
- Donna VekicVekic – Polona HercogHercog (6-1 6-1) – See score progression
- Alison Van UytvanckVan Uytvanck – Ysaline BonaventureBonaventure (6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Alize CornetCornet – Barbora StrycovaStrycova (6-4 6-4) – See score progression
- Andrea PetkovicPetkovic – Jil TeichmannTeichmann (6-1 6-1) – See score progression
- Viktoria KuzmovaKuzmova – Julia GrabherGrabher (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Kateryna KozlovaKozlova – Anna BlinkovaBlinkova (6-1 6-71 7-65) – See score progression
- Kiki BertensBertens – Misaki DoiDoi (2-1) – See H2H details
- Anastasia PavlyuchenkovaPavlyuchenkova – Barbara HaasHaas (0-0) – See H2H details
- Ekaterina AlexandrovaAlexandrova – Kristyna PliskovaPliskova (1-0) – See H2H details
- Tamara KorpatschKorpatsch – Jelena OstapenkoOstapenko (0-0) – See H2H details
- Kateryna KozlovaKozlova – Cori GauffGauff (0-0) – See H2H details
- Andrea PetkovicPetkovic – Julia GoergesGoerges (3-2) – See H2H details
- Kristina MladenovicMladenovic – Donna VekicVekic (2-2) – See H2H details
- Elena RybakinaRybakina – Anna-Lena FriedsamFriedsam (0-0) – See H2H details