Score, report, and key facts
Schwartzman conquered a commanding position in the outset to break Querrey in the 1st game (1-0) before consolidating his break and lead 3-0. Nonetheless, Sam refused to bow to come back to break the Argentine in the 4th (1-3) and in the 10th (5-5) game before winning the set at the breaker at 2.
Querrey started the set strong after breaking Schwartzman in the 1st game (1-0). Nonetheless, the Argentine managed to stage a good comeback to break Sam in the 10th (5-5) game before winning the set at the tiebreak at 6.
The set was pretty even as both sides managed to hold the serve. The only difference was 1 break that Sam conquered in the 4th game (3-1) before winning the set (6-3).
At the end of the match, Querrey scored 110 points vs. Diego’s 103 points.
Sam served very well to win 75% of the points (56/75) behind his first serve. Anyhow he won only 46% points (18/39) on his second serve. Sam blasted 32 aces and he committed 4 double faults. Querrey was sharp when converting 80% of the break points that he conquered (4/5). On the other side, the Argentine was far from perfect in converting his break points as he converted only 43% of his break points (3/7). That was one of the key issues for his demise.
After this match, the head to head between Querrey and Schwartzman is 2-2.
Next Match: Sam Querrey vs. Alexander Zverev – stats
Querrey will compete against Zverev in the quarter.
There is no head to head record between Sam Querrey and Alexander Zverev since this will be the first time that they will square off in the main tour.
Tennis Scores in Beijing
- Alexander ZverevZverev – Felix Auger AliassimeAuger Aliassime (6-3 6-1) – See score progression
- Sam QuerreyQuerrey – Diego Sebastian SchwartzmanSebastian Schwartzman (7-62 6-76 6-3) – See score progression
- John IsnerIsner – Daniel EvansEvans (7-63 7-5) – See score progression
- Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas – Nikoloz BasilashviliBasilashvili (4-6 6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Dominic ThiemThiem – Zhizhen ZhangZhang (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Andy MurrayMurray – Cameron NorrieNorrie (7-66 6-74 6-1) – See score progression
- Karen KhachanovKhachanov – Jeremy ChardyChardy (7-60 7-65) – See score progression
- Fabio FogniniFognini – Andrey RublevRublev (6-3 6-4) – See score progression