Score, report, and key facts
Both players managed to hold their serve for the entire set. The only difference was just 1 break that the German conquered in the 5th game (3-2) before winning the set (6-4).
Both players were too good on serve during this set and the fight went to the breaker. Finally, Go won the breaker at 4.
Soeda was pretty sharp at the beginning of the set after breaking Struff in the 1st game (1-0). Soeda improved his lead after breaking Jan-Lennard in the 9th (6-3) game before managing to win the set.
Go won this match even if he scored less points than Jan-Lennard (90 vs. 92).
Soeda served pretty well to win 85% of the points (40/47) behind his first serve, and he won 53% points (24/45) on his second serve. Soeda was effective in converting 50% of the break points that he conquered (2/4). On the other side, the German was not so effective in converting his break points because he converted only 25% of his break points (1/4). That was one of the key issues for his loss.
After this match, the head to head between Soeda and Struff is 1-0 for Go.
Highlights Go Soeda vs. Jan-Lennard Struff Rakuten Japan Open – Tokyo
Next Match: Go Soeda vs. Novak Djokovic or Alexei Popyrin – stats
There is no head to head record between Go Soeda and Novak Djokovic since this will be the first time that they will face off at pro level.
Tennis Scores in Tokyo
- Hyeon ChungChung – Lorenzo SonegoSonego (3-6 6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Lucas PouillePouille – Hubert HurkaczHurkacz (6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka – Joao SousaSousa (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Marin CilicCilic – Yuichi SugitaSugita (6-4 6-4) – See score progression
- Go SoedaSoeda – Jan-Lennard StruffStruff (4-6 7-64 6-3) – See score progression
- Pablo AndujarAndujar – Gilles SimonSimon (3-1) – See H2H details
- Novak DjokovicDjokovic – Alexei PopyrinPopyrin (0-0) – See H2H details
- John MillmanMillman – Adrian MannarinoMannarino (0-0) – See H2H details
- Radu AlbotAlbot – Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic (0-1) – See H2H details
- David GoffinGoffin – Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta (1-2) – See H2H details
- Yasutaka UchiyamaUchiyama – Benoit PairePaire (0-0) – See H2H details
- Taro DanielDaniel – Borna CoricCoric (0-0) – See H2H details
- Jordan ThompsonThompson – Juan Ignacio LonderoIgnacio Londero (0-0) – See H2H details
- Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka – Lucas PouillePouille (0-1) – See H2H details
- Hyeon ChungChung – Marin CilicCilic (0-3) – See H2H details
- Taylor Harry FritzHarry Fritz – Reilly OpelkaOpelka (2-0) – See H2H details
- Denis ShapovalovShapovalov – Miomir KecmanovicKecmanovic (1-0) – See H2H details
- Alex De MinaurDe Minaur – Lloyd HarrisHarris (0-0) – See H2H details