Score, report, and key facts
Cuevas came out strong at the beginning of the set after breaking Koepfer in the 1st game (1-0). Cuevas improved his lead after breaking the German in the 5th (4-1) game before managing to win the set (6-2).
Cuevas won the set after he broke Koepfer 3 times in the 3rd (2-1), in the 5th (4-1) and in the 9th (6-3) game. Koepfer tried to stage a comeback breaking in the 6th (4-2) game. Anyhow, Cuevas maintained the focus before winning the set 6-3.
A crucial moment of the match was when Cuevas won 4 consecutive games in the 2nd set to change the scoreline from 0-1 to 4-1.
At the end of the match, the Uruguayan scored 60 points vs. Koepfer’s 46 points.
The Uruguayan served extremely well to win 77% of the points (24/31) behind his first serve. Anyhow he won only 44% points (11/25) on his second serve. The Uruguayan fired 10 aces and he committed 4 double faults. Cuevas was sharp when converting 83% of the break points that he conquered (5/6). On the other side, Koepfer wasn’t that great in converting his break points because he converted only 17% of his break points (1/6). That was one of the key issues for his demise.
After this match, the head to head between Cuevas and Koepfer is 1-0 for Pablo.
Next Match: Pablo Cuevas vs. Karen Khachanov – stats
Cuevas will take on Khachanov in the 1st round.
The last time that they locked horns, Khachanov won 6-2 7-64 in the 2nd round in Auckland back in 2018.
Tennis Scores in Beijing
- Daniel EvansEvans – Vasek PospisilPospisil (3-6 6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Jeremy ChardyChardy – Bernard TomicTomic (2-2 ret.) – See score progression
- Pablo CuevasCuevas – Dominik KoepferKoepfer (6-2 6-3) – See score progression
- Cameron NorrieNorrie – Damir DzumhurDzumhur (1-6 6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Andy MurrayMurray – Matteo BerrettiniBerrettini (0-0) – See H2H details
- Roberto Bautista AgutBautista Agut – Sam QuerreyQuerrey (3-0) – See H2H details
- Gael MonfilsMonfils – John IsnerIsner (7-4) – See H2H details
- Jeremy ChardyChardy – Marco CecchinatoCecchinato (1-0) – See H2H details
- Mikhail KukushkinKukushkin – Fabio FogniniFognini (2-2) – See H2H details
- Daniel EvansEvans – Zhe LiLi (0-0) – See H2H details
- Grigor DimitrovDimitrov – Andrey RublevRublev (2-1) – See H2H details
- Dusan LajovicLajovic – Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas (1-1) – See H2H details
- Nikoloz BasilashviliBasilashvili – Guido PellaPella (1-0) – See H2H details
- Diego Sebastian SchwartzmanSebastian Schwartzman – Fernando VerdascoVerdasco (3-0) – See H2H details
- Dominic ThiemThiem – Richard GasquetGasquet (0-2) – See H2H details
- Kyle EdmundEdmund – Zhizhen ZhangZhang (0-0) – See H2H details
- Christian GarinGarin – Cameron NorrieNorrie (0-0) – See H2H details
- Karen KhachanovKhachanov – Pablo CuevasCuevas (2-1) – See H2H details
- Frances TiafoeTiafoe – Alexander ZverevZverev (1-4) – See H2H details
- Felix Auger AliassimeAuger Aliassime – Albert Ramos-VinolasRamos-Vinolas (1-0) – See H2H details