Score, report, and key facts
Harris had a boost of confidence at the beginning of the set after breaking Lajovic in the 1st game (1-0). Harris improved his lead after breaking Dusan in the 9th (6-3) game before winning the set.
There was not much difference between them in this set with the exception of 1 break that the South African conquered in the 4th game (3-1) before winning the set (6-3).
At the end of the match, Lloyd scored 62 points vs. Lajovic’s 48 points.
Lloyd served exceptionally well to win 88% of the points (28/32) behind his first serve, and he won 56% points (10/18) on his second serve. The South African struck 16 aces and he committed 1 double fault. Harris won this match even if he was struggling in finding the solution in converting his break points because he converted only 33% (3/9). On the other side, the Serbian wasn’t able to conquer any break point. That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this encounter, the head to head between Harris and Lajovic is 1-0 for Lloyd.
Next Match: Lloyd Harris vs. Joao Sousa – stats
Harris will come up against Sousa in the quarter.
There is no head to head record between Lloyd Harris and Joao Sousa since this will be the first time that they will face off at pro level.
Tennis Scores in Chengdu
- Alexander BublikBublik – Jordan ThompsonThompson (6-4 7-5) – See score progression
- Christian GarinGarin – Fernando VerdascoVerdasco (6-3 3-6 6-3) – See score progression
- Denis ShapovalovShapovalov – Bradley KlahnKlahn (3-6 6-3 7-63) – See score progression
- Grigor DimitrovDimitrov – Daniel EvansEvans (7-5 7-5) – See score progression
- Lloyd HarrisHarris – Dusan LajovicLajovic (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Egor GerasimovGerasimov – John IsnerIsner (6-711 7-65 7-64) – See score progression
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – Benoit PairePaire (6-3 3-6 6-3) – See score progression
- Joao SousaSousa – Felix Auger AliassimeAuger Aliassime (6-4 6-75 6-4) – See score progression