Score, report, and key facts
The set was pretty even as both sides managed to hold the serve. The only difference was 1 break that the Portuguese conquered in the 3rd game (2-1) before winning the set (6-4).
Both players were too good on serve during this set and the fight went to the breaker. Finally, Felix won the tiebreak at 5.
Both players managed to hold their serve for the entire set. The only difference was just 1 break that the Portuguese conquered in the 10th game (6-4).
At the end of the match, Sousa scored 99 points vs. Auger-Aliassime’s 88 points.
Joao served very well to win 85% of the points (52/61) behind his first serve, and he won 64% points (18/28) on his second serve. Sousa won this match even if he had a tough time in converting his break points as he converted only 33% (2/6). On the other side, Auger-Aliassime wasn’t able to conquer any break point. That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this encounter, the head to head between Sousa and Auger-Aliassime is 1-0 for Joao.
Next Match: Joao Sousa vs. Lloyd Harris – stats
Sousa will face Harris in the quarter.
There is no head to head record between Joao Sousa and Lloyd Harris since this will be the first time that they will square off at pro level.
Tennis Scores in Chengdu
- Joao SousaSousa – Felix Auger AliassimeAuger Aliassime (6-4 6-75 6-4) – See score progression
- Christian GarinGarin – Fernando VerdascoVerdasco (6-3 3-6 6-3) – See score progression
- Grigor DimitrovDimitrov – Daniel EvansEvans (7-5 7-5) – See score progression
- Denis ShapovalovShapovalov – Bradley KlahnKlahn (3-6 6-3 7-63) – See score progression
- Lloyd HarrisHarris – Dusan LajovicLajovic (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – Benoit PairePaire (6-3 3-6 6-3) – See score progression
- Alexander BublikBublik – Jordan ThompsonThompson (6-4 7-5) – See score progression
- Egor GerasimovGerasimov – John IsnerIsner (6-7(11) 7-6(5) 7-6(4)) – See score progression