Score, report, and key facts
The set was pretty even as both sides managed to hold the serve. The only difference was 1 break that Martic conquered in the 4th game (3-1) before winning the set (6-3).
Martic conquered a leading position at the beginning of the set after breaking Kudermetova in the 1st game (1-0). Martic reinforced her lead after breaking the Russian in the 5th (4-1) and in the 7th (6-1) game before conquering the set.
Kudermetova couldn’t stop the opposition in the last 4 games of the set (from 2-1 to 6-1).
At the end of the match, Petra scored 56 points vs. Veronika’s 32 points.
Petra served extremely well to win 85% of the points (22/26) behind her first serve, and she won 63% points (12/19) on her second serve. The Croatian didn’t lose the concentration in converting 67% of the break points that she procured (4/6). On the other side, Veronika wasn’t able to conquer any break point (0/3). That was one of the key issues for her defeat.
After this encounter, the head to head between Martic and Kudermetova is 1-0 for Petra.
Next Match: Petra Martic vs. Ashleigh Barty – stats
Martic will play Barty in the quarter.
The last time that they fought against each other, Barty won 6-4 6-3 in the 3rd round in Miami back in 2018.
Tennis Scores in Wuhan
- Aryna SabalenkaSabalenka – Kiki BertensBertens (6-1 7-69) – See score progression
- Petra MarticMartic – Veronika KudermetovaKudermetova (6-3 6-1) – See score progression
- Ashleigh BartyBarty – Sofia KeninKenin (6-3 7-5) – See score progression
- Elena RybakinaRybakina – Simona HalepHalep (5-4 ret.) – See score progression
- Elina SvitolinaSvitolina – Svetlana KuznetsovaKuznetsova (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Alison RiskeRiske – Qiang WangWang (6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- Dayana YastremskaYastremska – Karolina PliskovaPliskova (6-1 6-4) – See score progression
- Petra KvitovaKvitova – Sloane StephensStephens (0-2) – See H2H details
- Dayana YastremskaYastremska – Karolina PliskovaPliskova (0-1) – See H2H details
- Ashleigh BartyBarty – Petra MarticMartic (1-0) – See H2H details
- Elena RybakinaRybakina – Aryna SabalenkaSabalenka (0-0) – See H2H details
- Alison RiskeRiske – Elina SvitolinaSvitolina (0-2) – See H2H details