Score, report, and key facts
The Spaniard in this set was too good for the Japanese and consequentely he won 6-2 after breaking Nishioka in the 5th (3-2) and in the 7th (5-2) game.
The Japanese was unable to find the solution in the last 5 games of the set (from 1-2 to 6-2).
Ramos had a pretty good kick start of the set after breaking Nishioka in the 1st game (1-0) before consolidating his break and lead 4-0. The Spaniard reinforced his lead after breaking Yoshihito in the 3rd (3-0) and in the 7th (6-1) game before winning the set.
A crucial moment of the match was when Albert won 4 consecutive games in the 2nd set to change the scoreline from 0-0 to 4-0.
At the end of the match, the Spaniard scored 65 points vs. Nishioka’s 40 points.
Ramos served very well to win 81% of the points (22/27) behind his first serve, and he won 58% points (7/12) on his second serve. Ramos was pretty focused in converting 63% of the break points that he conquered (5/8). On the other side, Yoshihito wasn’t able to conquer any break point. That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this match, the head to head between Ramos and Nishioka is 1-0 for Albert.
Next Match: Albert Ramos-Vinolas vs. Miomir Kecmanovic – stats
Ramos will take on Kecmanovic in the 2nd round.
There is no head to head record between Albert Ramos-Vinolas and Miomir Kecmanovic since this will be the first time that they will face off in the main tour.
Tennis Scores in Zhuhai
- Zhizhen ZhangZhang – Dominik KoepferKoepfer (7-5 6-2) – See score progression
- Miomir KecmanovicKecmanovic – Casper RuudRuud (6-2 ret.) – See score progression
- Pablo AndujarAndujar – Steve JohnsonJohnson (2-6 6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- Cameron NorrieNorrie – Peter GojowczykGojowczyk (6-1 6-4) – See score progression
- Di WuWu – Tatsuma ItoIto (3-6 6-3 7-5) – See score progression
- Adrian MannarinoMannarino – Ze ZhangZhang (7-66 7-5) – See score progression
- Albert Ramos-VinolasRamos-Vinolas – Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka (6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- Pablo AndujarAndujar – Roberto Bautista AgutBautista Agut (0-1) – See H2H details
- Gael MonfilsMonfils – Cameron NorrieNorrie (1-0) – See H2H details
- Tennys SandgrenSandgren – Andy MurrayMurray (1-0) – See H2H details
- Di WuWu – Borna CoricCoric (0-0) – See H2H details
- Damir DzumhurDzumhur – Marco CecchinatoCecchinato (1-4) – See H2H details
- Nick KyrgiosKyrgios – Andreas SeppiSeppi (3-1) – See H2H details
- Soon-Woo KwonKwon – Lucas PouillePouille (0-0) – See H2H details
- Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas – Adrian MannarinoMannarino (1-0) – See H2H details
- Miomir KecmanovicKecmanovic – Albert Ramos-VinolasRamos-Vinolas (0-0) – See H2H details
- Alex De MinaurDe Minaur – John MillmanMillman (0-0) – See H2H details