Sofia Kenin: results and record
Ranked no. 17 (career high), the American reached the 2nd round after beating Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova 6-2 7-65.
Her best result of the season was winning the title in Hobart where she beat Anna Schmiedlova in the final 6-3 6-0 and in Mallorca where she defeated Belinda Bencic in the final 6-7(2) 7-6(5) 6-4 and in Guangzhou where she beat Samantha Stosur in the final 6-7(4) 6-4 6-2.
The American has a 44-18 win-loss record in 2019, 33-11 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Last year in Wuhan
Kenin lost in the 3rd round 6-3 6-3 to Aryna Sabalenka.
Elise Mertens: results and record
Ranked no. 24, the Belgian reached the 2nd round after beating Katerina Siniakova 6-4 6-0.
Her best result of the current season was conquering the title in Doha where she defeated Simona Halep in the final 3-6 6-4 6-3.
Mertens has a 32-21 win-loss record in 2019, 21-11 on hard (See FULL STATS).
Last year in Wuhan
Elise lost in the 1st round 7-65 7-63 to Aliaksandra Sasnovich.
Wuhan Open Live score and result Sofia Kenin vs. Elise Mertens
Follow the live score and result of this match as soon as it starts
Prediction and head to head Sofia Kenin vs. Elise Mertens
The last time that they competed against each other, Kenin won 1-6 6-1 6-3 in the quarter in Mallorca back in June 2019.
Prediction, odds and who is the favorite
The pick for Tennis Tonic is Sofia Kenin that should win in 3 sets.
Click here to see the updated quotes and live streaming (only selected countries - USA excluded) To be able to watch live streaming bet365, a funded account is required or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours. 18+ BeGambleAware.
Head 2 Head
Tennis Scores in Wuhan
- Petra KvitovaKvitova – Polona HercogHercog (7-66 6-3) – See score progression
- Aryna SabalenkaSabalenka – Danielle Rose CollinsRose Collins (6-1 6-0) – See score progression
- Ashleigh BartyBarty – Caroline GarciaGarcia (1-1) – See H2H details
- Elise MertensMertens – Sofia KeninKenin (0-1) – See H2H details
- Rebecca PetersonPeterson – Petra MarticMartic (0-0) – See H2H details
- Veronika KudermetovaKudermetova – Belinda BencicBencic (2-1) – See H2H details
- Simona HalepHalep – Barbora StrycovaStrycova (5-1) – See H2H details
- Elena RybakinaRybakina – Ons JabeurJabeur (0-0) – See H2H details
- Bernarda PeraPera – Kiki BertensBertens (0-1) – See H2H details
- Qiang WangWang – Marie BouzkovaBouzkova (0-0) – See H2H details
- Alison RiskeRiske – Monica PuigPuig (0-1) – See H2H details
- Su-Wei HsiehHsieh – Svetlana KuznetsovaKuznetsova (0-2) – See H2H details
- Garbine MuguruzaMuguruza – Elina SvitolinaSvitolina (4-5) – See H2H details
- Yafan WangWang – Sloane StephensStephens (0-1) – See H2H details
- Christina MchaleMchale – Dayana YastremskaYastremska (1-0) – See H2H details
- Amanda AnisimovaAnisimova – Karolina PliskovaPliskova (0-1) – See H2H details