Score, report, and key facts
Norrie started the set strong after breaking Gojowczyk in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating his break and lead 5-0. The Brit reinforced his lead after breaking the German in the 4th (4-0) game before conquering the set (6-1).
A crucial moment of the match was when Norrie won 5 consecutive games in the 1st set to change the scoreline from 0-0 to 5-0.
The set was pretty even as both sides managed to hold the serve. The only difference was 1 break that the Brit conquered in the 5th game (3-2) before winning the set (6-4).
At the end of the match, the Brit scored 62 points vs. Gojowczyk’s 40 points.
Cameron served exceptionally well to win 87% of the points (26/30) behind his first serve, and he won 67% points (10/15) on his second serve. Norrie was effective when converting 50% of the break points that he procured (3/6). On the other side, Gojowczyk wasn’t able to conquer any break point. That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this encounter, the head to head between Norrie and Gojowczyk is 3-0 for Cameron.
Next Match: Cameron Norrie vs. Gael Monfils – stats
Norrie will square off with Monfils in the 2nd round.
The last time that they played each other, Monfils won 6-3 6-2 in the 2nd round in Eastbourne back in 2017.
Tennis Scores in Zhuhai
- Cameron NorrieNorrie – Peter GojowczykGojowczyk (6-1 6-4) – See score progression
- Albert Ramos-VinolasRamos-Vinolas – Yoshihito NishiokaNishioka (6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- Di WuWu – Tatsuma ItoIto (3-6 6-3 7-5) – See score progression
- Gael MonfilsMonfils – Cameron NorrieNorrie (1-0) – See H2H details
- Adrian MannarinoMannarino – Ze ZhangZhang (0-0) – See H2H details
- Tatsuma ItoIto – Di WuWu (0-0) – See H2H details
- Steve JohnsonJohnson – Pablo AndujarAndujar (0-1) – See H2H details
- Tennys SandgrenSandgren – Andy MurrayMurray (1-0) – See H2H details
- Damir DzumhurDzumhur – Marco CecchinatoCecchinato (1-4) – See H2H details
- Nick KyrgiosKyrgios – Andreas SeppiSeppi (3-1) – See H2H details
- Soon-Woo KwonKwon – Lucas PouillePouille (0-0) – See H2H details
- Casper RuudRuud – Miomir KecmanovicKecmanovic (1-0) – See H2H details
- Dominik KoepferKoepfer – Zhizhen ZhangZhang (0-0) – See H2H details
- Alex De MinaurDe Minaur – John MillmanMillman (0-0) – See H2H details