Score, report, and key facts
Polansky enjoyed quite a good start of the set after breaking Smith in the 1st game (1-0). That break defined the set and it was sufficient for the Canadian to win the set (6-4) as no one dropped a serve anymore.
There was not much difference between them in this set with the exception of 1 break that Peter conquered in the 9th game (5-4) before winning the set (6-4).
Roy lost the 9th game (5-4) when he had a good chance to win the game when leading 40-0.
At the end of the match, Peter scored 66 points vs. the American’s 58 points.
Polansky served exceptionally well to win 79% of the points (31/39) behind his first serve, and he won 57% points (17/30) on his second serve. The Canadian was fantastic in converting all the break points (2/2). On the other side, Smith wasn’t able to conquer any break point (0/10). That was one of the key issues for his demise.
After this encounter, the head to head between Polansky and Smith is 1-0.
Next Match: Peter Polansky vs. Thai Kwiatkowski – stats
Polansky will fight against Kwiatkowski in the quarter.
There is no head to head record between Peter Polansky and Thai Kwiatkowski since this will be the first time that they will play each other at pro level.
The last time that they squared off, Polansky won 6-2 7-64 in the semifinal in Charlottesville Challenger back in 2018.
Tennis Scores in Columbus Challenger
- Jeff WolfWolf – Michael MmohMmoh (6-2 6-2) – See score progression
- Thai KwiatkowskiKwiatkowski – Benjamin SigouinSigouin (6-2 6-4) – See score progression
- Mikael TorpegaardTorpegaard – Michael GeertsGeerts (6-3 7-62) – See score progression
- Emilio GomezGomez – Filip PeliwoPeliwo (7-62 6-4) – See score progression
- Roberto QuirozQuiroz – Donald YoungYoung (5-7 6-4 6-4) – See score progression
- Gabriel PetitPetit – Alexander RitschardRitschard (6-4 3-6 6-4) – See score progression
- Peter PolanskyPolansky – Roy SmithSmith (6-4 6-4) – See score progression
- Enzo CouacaudCouacaud – Liam BroadyBroady (6-4 6-2) – See score progression