Score, report, and key facts
Quiroz was quite dominant at the beginning of the set to break Young in the 1st game (1-0). However, Donald managed to stage a good comeback to break the Ecuadorian 3 times in the 6th (3-3), in the 8th (5-3) gamein the 12th game before winning the set (7-5) after breaking his opponent in the last game.
The American failed to serve out the set when leading 5-3 to be broken at 40.
A crucial moment of the match was when the American won 4 consecutive games in the 1st set to change the scoreline from 1-3 to 5-3.
Roberto won the set after he broke Young in the 3rd (2-1) and in the 9th (5-4) game. Donald tried to stage a comeback breaking in the 8th (4-4) game. However, Roberto kept the situation under control before winning the set 6-4.
Roberto won the set after he broke Young in the 5th (3-2) and in the 9th (5-4) game. Donald tried to stage a comeback breaking in the 8th (4-4) game. Nonetheless, Roberto managed to stay calm and finish the job before winning the set 6-4.
At the end of the match, the Ecuadorian scored 108 points vs. Young’s 104 points.
The Ecuadorian served pretty well to win 83% of the points (40/48) behind his first serve. Anyhow he won only 36% points (13/36) on his second serve. Quiroz won this match even if he was struggling in finding the solution in converting his break points as he converted only 29% (6/21). On the other side, the American was well focused in converting 63% of the break points that he procured points (5/8). Notwithstanding, that was not enough to win the encounter.
After this encounter, the head to head between Quiroz and Young is 1-0.
Next Match: Roberto Quiroz vs. Mikael Torpegaard – stats
Quiroz will compete against Torpegaard in the quarter.
There is no head to head record between Roberto Quiroz and Mikael Torpegaard since this will be the first time that they will square off in the main tour.
Tennis Scores in Columbus Challenger
- Jeff WolfWolf – Michael MmohMmoh (6-2 6-2) – See score progression
- Thai KwiatkowskiKwiatkowski – Benjamin SigouinSigouin (6-2 6-4) – See score progression
- Mikael TorpegaardTorpegaard – Michael GeertsGeerts (6-3 7-62) – See score progression
- Emilio GomezGomez – Filip PeliwoPeliwo (7-62 6-4) – See score progression
- Roberto QuirozQuiroz – Donald YoungYoung (5-7 6-4 6-4) – See score progression
- Gabriel PetitPetit – Alexander RitschardRitschard (6-4 3-6 6-4) – See score progression
- Peter PolanskyPolansky – Roy SmithSmith (6-4 6-4) – See score progression
- Enzo CouacaudCouacaud – Liam BroadyBroady (6-4 6-2) – See score progression