Score, report, and key facts
The set was even with both players refusing to concede anything to the opposition. Eventually, the only discrepancy was one break that Hoang conquered in the 6th game (4-2) before winning the set (6-3).
Barrere conquered the set after recovering from 1 break down. In fact, after conceding his serve in the 3rd (1-2) game, Barrere broke back in the 8th (4-4) game before winning the set at the following breaker at 6.
Barrere was pretty sharp at the beginning of the set after breaking Hoang in the 1st game (1-0) before consolidating his break and lead 3-0. Notwithstanding, that was not enough for Gregoire to win the set as Antoine found the way to break back in the 4th (1-3) game. Barrere kept his focus to break Hoang in the 7th (5-2) game before managing to win the set (6-2).
Gregoire won 0 consecutive points in this set from 15-0 1-0 to .
Gregoire missed the chance to break Antoine in the 5th game when he had 3 consecutive chances (0-40).
At the end of the match, Gregoire scored 103 points vs. Antoine’s 85 points.
Gregoire served very well to win 79% of the points (49/62) behind his first serve. Notwithstanding he won only 44% points (11/25) on his second serve. Gregoire won this match even if he was far from perfect in converting his break points as he converted only 44% (4/9). On the other side, Hoang was not so effective in converting his break points since he converted only 43% of his break points (3/7). That was one of the key issues for his demise.
After this encounter, the head to head between Barrere and Hoang is 1-0 for Gregoire.
Next Match: Gregoire Barrere vs. Benoit Paire – stats
Barrere will compete against Paire in the quarter.
There is no head to head record between Gregoire Barrere and Benoit Paire since this will be the first time that they will fight against each other in the main tour.
The last time that they locked horns, Paire won 6-4 3-6 6-4 in the final in Quimper Challenger back in 2015.
Tennis Scores in Metz
- Lucas PouillePouille – Lorenzo SonegoSonego (6-1 6-4) – See score progression
- Aljaz BedeneBedene – Gilles SimonSimon (7-69 6-2) – See score progression
- Jo-Wilfried TsongaTsonga – Pierre-Hugues HerbertHerbert (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Nikoloz BasilashviliBasilashvili – Yannick MadenMaden (6-2 7-66) – See score progression
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – David GoffinGoffin (6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Benoit PairePaire – Richard GasquetGasquet (3-6 6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Gregoire BarrereBarrere – Antoine HoangHoang (3-6 7-66 6-2) – See score progression
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Fernando VerdascoVerdasco (3-6 6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Jo-Wilfried TsongaTsonga – Nikoloz BasilashviliBasilashvili (1-1) – See H2H details
- Benoit PairePaire – Gregoire BarrereBarrere (0-0) – See H2H details
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Lucas PouillePouille (0-2) – See H2H details
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – Aljaz BedeneBedene (2-2) – See H2H details