Score, report, and key facts
Basilashvili overpowered the opposition at the beginning of the set after breaking Maden in the 2nd game (2-0) before consolidating his break and lead 3-0. Basilashvili managed to strengthen his lead after breaking Yannick in the 8th (6-2) game before winning the set.
The Georgean clinched the set after recovering from 1 break down. In fact, after dropping his serve in the 5th (2-3) game, Nikoloz broke back in the 8th (4-4) game before winning the set at the following breaker at 6.
At the end of the match, Nikoloz scored 76 points vs. the German’s 60 points.
Basilashvili served exceptionally well to win 85% of the points (29/34) behind his first serve, and he won 54% points (14/26) on his second serve. The Georgean blasted 14 aces and he committed 4 double faults. Nikoloz won this match even if he had some problems in converting his break points as he converted only 33% (3/9). On the other side, Yannick was remarkable in converting all the break points (1/1). Anyhow, that was not enough to win the match.
After this contest, the head to head between Basilashvili and Maden is 1-0 for Nikoloz.
Next Match: Nikoloz Basilashvili vs. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga – stats
Basilashvili will compete against Tsonga in the quarter.
This will be the 3rd time that Nikoloz Basilashvili and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga square off. The head to head is 1-1 for Basilashvili and Tsonga (see full H2H stats), but they have never competed against each other on I.hard.
The last time that they fought against each other, Basilashvili won 6-4 6-4 in the quarter in Lyon back in May 2019.
Tennis Scores in Metz
- Lucas PouillePouille – Lorenzo SonegoSonego (6-1 6-4) – See score progression
- Aljaz BedeneBedene – Gilles SimonSimon (7-69 6-2) – See score progression
- Jo-Wilfried TsongaTsonga – Pierre-Hugues HerbertHerbert (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Nikoloz BasilashviliBasilashvili – Yannick MadenMaden (6-2 7-66) – See score progression
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – David GoffinGoffin (6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Benoit PairePaire – Richard GasquetGasquet (3-6 6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Gregoire BarrereBarrere – Antoine HoangHoang (3-6 7-66 6-2) – See score progression
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Fernando VerdascoVerdasco (3-6 6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Jo-Wilfried TsongaTsonga – Nikoloz BasilashviliBasilashvili (1-1) – See H2H details
- Benoit PairePaire – Gregoire BarrereBarrere (0-0) – See H2H details
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Lucas PouillePouille (0-2) – See H2H details
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – Aljaz BedeneBedene (2-2) – See H2H details