Jo-Wilfried Tsonga dispatches Pierre-Hugues Herbert 6-3 6-4 in the 2nd round in Metz on Thursday. Tsonga will try to go further in the tournament when he will face Nikoloz Basilashvili in the quarter.
Score, report, and key facts
Both players managed to hold their serve for the entire set. The only difference was just 1 break that Jo-Wilfried conquered in the 4th game (3-1) before winning the set (6-3).
Tsonga was quite dominant at the beginning of the set to break Herbert in the 1st game (1-0). That break defined the set and it was sufficient for Tsonga to win the set (6-4) since there were no other breaks anymore.
At the end of the match, Jo-Wilfried scored 68 points vs. Herbert’s 54 points.
Jo-Wilfried served very well to win 82% of the points (32/39) behind his first serve, and he won 55% points (11/20) on his second serve. Tsonga won this match even if he was far from perfect in converting his break points as he converted only 33% (2/6). On the other side, Pierre-Hugues wasn’t able to conquer any break point (0/3). That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this match, the head to head between Tsonga and Herbert is 4-0 for Jo-Wilfried.
Next Match: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs. Nikoloz Basilashvili – stats
Tsonga will compete against Basilashvili in the quarter.
This will be the 3rd time that Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Nikoloz Basilashvili clash against each other. The head to head is 1-1 for Tsonga and Basilashvili (see full H2H stats), but they have never competed against each other on I.hard.
The last time that they played each other, Basilashvili won 6-4 6-4 in the quarter in Lyon back in May 2019.
Tennis Scores in Metz
- Nikoloz BasilashviliBasilashvili – Yannick MadenMaden (6-2 7-66) – See score progression
- Jo-Wilfried TsongaTsonga – Pierre-Hugues HerbertHerbert (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – David GoffinGoffin (6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Aljaz BedeneBedene – Gilles SimonSimon (7-69 6-2) – See score progression
- Lucas PouillePouille – Lorenzo SonegoSonego (6-1 6-4) – See score progression
- Gregoire BarrereBarrere – Antoine HoangHoang (3-6 7-66 6-2) – See score progression
- Benoit PairePaire – Richard GasquetGasquet (3-6 6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Fernando VerdascoVerdasco (3-6 6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Jo-Wilfried TsongaTsonga – Nikoloz BasilashviliBasilashvili (1-1) – See H2H details
- Benoit PairePaire – Gregoire BarrereBarrere (0-0) – See H2H details
- Filip KrajinovicKrajinovic – Lucas PouillePouille (0-2) – See H2H details
- Pablo Carreno-BustaCarreno-Busta – Aljaz BedeneBedene (2-2) – See H2H details