Score, report, and key facts
Both players managed to hold their serve for the entire set. The only difference was just 1 break that the Belgian conquered in the 4th game (3-1) before winning the set (6-3).
Flipkens had a boost of confidence at the beginning of the set after breaking Gasparyan in the 1st game (1-0) before consolidating her break and lead 3-0. However, that was not enough for Kirsten to win the set as the Russian succeeded in breaking back in the 4th (1-3), in the 6th (2-4) and in the 10th (5-5) game. Flipkens maintained her cool to break Margarita in the 5th (4-1) and in the 11th (6-5) game before conquering the set (7-5).
At the end of the match, Flipkens scored 86 points vs. Margarita’s 75 points.
Flipkens won this match even if she had some problems in converting her break points because she converted only 36% (5/14). On the other side, the Russian was struggling in finding the solution in converting her break points because she converted only 33% of her break points (3/9). That was one of the key issues for her defeat.
After this contest, the head to head between Flipkens and Gasparyan is 1-0 for Kirsten.
Next Match: Kirsten Flipkens vs. Magda Linette – stats
Flipkens will square off with Linette in the quarter.
There is no head to head record between Kirsten Flipkens and Magda Linette since this will be the first time that they will square off at pro level.
Tennis Scores in Seoul
- Karolina MuchovaMuchova – Timea BabosBabos (6-2 6-3) – See score progression
- Paula Badosa GibertBadosa Gibert – Patricia Maria TigMaria Tig (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Priscilla HonHon – Ajla TomljanovicTomljanovic (6-3 5-7 6-1) – See score progression
- Yafan WangWang – Ysaline BonaventureBonaventure (4-6 6-3 6-0) – See score progression
- Magda LinetteLinette – Anastasia PotapovaPotapova (7-5 7-64) – See score progression
- Kristie AhnAhn – Ana BogdanBogdan (0-6 6-4 7-62) – See score progression
- Kirsten FlipkensFlipkens – Margarita GasparyanGasparyan (6-3 7-5) – See score progression
- Ekaterina AlexandrovaAlexandrova – Kristyna PliskovaPliskova (3-6 6-3 6-4) – See score progression