Score, report, and key facts
The set was even with both players refusing to concede anything to the opposition. Eventually, the only discrepancy was one break that Ivashka conquered in the 5th game (3-2) before winning the set (6-4).
Ivashka lost a big opportunity to break Rublev in the 9th game when he had 3 consecutive chances (0-40).
This was a one way set after the Russian conceded no games to the Belarussian before winning the set 6-0.
Andrey conquered the set after recovering from 1 break down. In fact, after dropping his serve in the 7th (3-4) game, The Russian broke back in the 8th (4-4) and in the 10th (6-4) game before winning the set 6-4.
At the end of the match, the Russian scored 96 points vs. Ivashka’s 74 points.
Andrey served exceptionally well to win 76% of the points (28/37) behind his first serve, and he won 59% points (22/37) on his second serve. Rublev won this match even if he had some problems in converting his break points since he converted only 38% (5/13). On the other side, Ivashka was battling in converting his break points as he converted only 22% of his break points (2/9). That was one of the key issues for his loss.
After this contest, the head to head between Rublev and Ivashka is 1-0 for Andrey.
Next Match: Andrey Rublev vs. Richard Berankis – stats
Rublev will square off with Berankis in the 2nd round.
There is no head to head record between Andrey Rublev and Richard Berankis since this will be the first time that they will fight against each other at pro level.
The last time that they played, Berankis won 6-3 7-5 in the 1st round in Astana Challenger back in 2014.
Tennis Scores in St. Petersburg
- Joao SousaSousa – Jozef KovalikKovalik (6-2 6-3) – See score progression
- Salvatore CarusoCaruso – Thomas FabbianoFabbiano (2-6 6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Marton FucsovicsFucsovics – Alexey VatutinVatutin (7-5 6-1) – See score progression
- Casper RuudRuud – Alexander BublikBublik (6-73 6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Evgeny DonskoyDonskoy – Matteo ViolaViola (6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- Andrey RublevRublev – Ilya IvashkaIvashka (4-6 6-0 6-4) – See score progression
- Roberto Carballes BaenaCarballes Baena – Martin KlizanKlizan (6-2 7-5) – See score progression
- Egor GerasimovGerasimov – Lukas RosolRosol (7-5 6-2) – See score progression
- Damir DzumhurDzumhur – Janko TipsarevicTipsarevic (7-5 3-6 3-1 ret.) – See score progression
- Richard BerankisBerankis – Dudi SelaSela (6-3 6-0) – See score progression
- Mikhail KukushkinKukushkin – Jannik SinnerSinner (6-3 7-64) – See score progression
- Adrian MannarinoMannarino – Stefano TravagliaTravaglia (7-5 6-2) – See score progression
- Richard BerankisBerankis – Andrey RublevRublev (0-0) – See H2H details
- Joao SousaSousa – Karen KhachanovKhachanov (0-1) – See H2H details
- Marton FucsovicsFucsovics – Borna CoricCoric (0-1) – See H2H details
- Daniil MedvedevMedvedev – Evgeny DonskoyDonskoy (1-0) – See H2H details
- Matteo BerrettiniBerrettini – Roberto Carballes BaenaCarballes Baena (0-0) – See H2H details
- Casper RuudRuud – Salvatore CarusoCaruso (0-0) – See H2H details