Score, report, and key facts
Cornet started off on the right foot in the set after breaking Nara in the 1st game (1-0) before consolidating her break and lead 4-0. Anyhow, the Japanese succeeded in coming back to break Cornet in the 6th (2-4) and in the 8th (4-4) game before winning the set at the breaker at 3.
A crucial moment of the match was when the Japanese won 5 consecutive games in the 1st set to change the scoreline from 0-4 to 5-4.
Notwithstanding also the French Player won 4 consecutive games from 0-0 to 4-0
Cornet won the set after recovering 2 times from a break down. In fact, after conceding her serve in the 3rd (1-2) and in the 5th (1-4) game. The French Player broke back in the 6th (2-4) and in the 8th (4-4) game before winning the set at the following breaker at 2.
A crucial moment of the match was when Cornet won 4 consecutive games in the 2nd set to change the scoreline from 1-4 to 5-4.
Yet also Kurumi won 4 consecutive games from 0-1 to 4-1
Cornet conquered a leading position at the beginning of the set after breaking Nara in the 1st game (1-0). The French Player extended her lead after breaking Nara in the 7th (5-2) game before winning the set (6-2).
At the end of the match, Cornet scored 118 points vs. the Japanese’s 108 points.
The French Player was pretty focused in converting 55% of the break points that she conquered (6/11). On the other side, Nara wasn’t that great in converting her break points because she converted only 44% of her break points (4/9). That was one of the key issues for her defeat.
After this encounter, the head to head between Cornet and Nara is 1-1.
Next Match: Alize Cornet vs. Viktoriya Tomova – stats
Cornet will fight against Tomova in the 1st round.
There is no head to head record between Alize Cornet and Viktoriya Tomova since this will be the first time that they will square off at pro level.
Tennis Scores in Osaka
- Varvara FlinkFlink – Katarzyna KawaKawa (6-1 7-63) – See score progression
- Zarina DiyasDiyas – Kyoka OkamuraOkamura (6-1 6-2) – See score progression
- Nicole GibbsGibbs – Whitney OsuigweOsuigwe (6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Alize CornetCornet – Kurumi NaraNara (6-73 7-62 6-2) – See score progression
- Viktoriya TomovaTomova – Liudmila SamsonovaSamsonova (3-6 6-0 6-4) – See score progression
- Xinyun HanHan – Yuki NaitoNaito (6-3 4-6 6-1) – See score progression
- Alize CornetCornet – Viktoriya TomovaTomova (0-0) – See H2H details
- Nao HibinoHibino – Varvara FlinkFlink (0-0) – See H2H details
- Yulia PutintsevaPutintseva – Petra MarticMartic (0-0) – See H2H details
- Xinyun HanHan – Camila GiorgiGiorgi (0-0) – See H2H details
- Garbine MuguruzaMuguruza – Su-Wei HsiehHsieh (0-1) – See H2H details
- Elise MertensMertens – Anastasija SevastovaSevastova (0-2) – See H2H details
- Madison KeysKeys – Darya KasatkinaKasatkina (5-0) – See H2H details
- Monica PuigPuig – Zarina DiyasDiyas (2-0) – See H2H details
- Alison RiskeRiske – Nicole GibbsGibbs (0-0) – See H2H details
- Donna VekicVekic – Caroline GarciaGarcia (2-2) – See H2H details
- Kristina MladenovicMladenovic – Misaki DoiDoi (1-1) – See H2H details
- Dayana YastremskaYastremska – Anastasia PavlyuchenkovaPavlyuchenkova (0-0) – See H2H details