Score, report, and key facts
Fett had a strong start of this set after breaking Minnen in the 2nd game (2-0). However, there was more work to do for Fett to win the set as the Belgian found the way to break back in the 3rd (1-2), in the 7th (3-4) and in the 9th (4-5) game. Jana maintained her focus to break the Belgian in the 6th (4-2), in the 8th (5-3) and in the 10th (6-4) game.
The Croatian failed to serve out the set when leading 5-3 to be broken at 15.
Greetje in this set was too good for the Croatian and eventually she won 6-2. The Croatian broke the Belgian 3 times in the 3rd (2-1), in the 5th (4-1) and in the 7th (5-2) game. However, Minnen broke her opponent in the 6th (4-2) game, but that didn’t prevent her to win the set (6-2).
A crucial moment of the match was when Greetje won 4 consecutive games in the 2nd set to change the scoreline from 0-1 to 4-1.
Greetje won the set after she broke Jana 3 times in the 3rd (2-1), in the 5th (4-1) and in the 7th (6-1) game. That break turned to be decisive for Greetje to win the set as she didn’t concede her serve in the rest of the set.
Fett had no answers in the last 6 games of the set (from 0-1 to 6-1).
At the end of the match, Greetje scored 96 points vs. the Croatian’s 84 points.
The Belgian was pretty good in converting 53% of the break points that she procured (9/17). On the other side, the Croatian was battling in converting her break points as she converted only 38% of her break points (5/13). That was one of the key issues for her demise.
After this encounter, the head to head between Minnen and Fett is 1-0 for Greetje.
Next Match: Greetje Minnen vs. Sohyun Park – stats
Minnen will come up against Park in the qualifications.
There is no head to head record between Greetje Minnen and Sohyun Park since this will be the first time that they will clash against each other in the main tour.
Tennis Scores in Seoul
- Ana BogdanBogdan – Dabin KimKim (6-1 6-0) – See score progression
- Jaqueline CristianCristian – Yeong Won JeongWon Jeong (6-1 6-0) – See score progression
- Timea BabosBabos – Jiho ShinShin (6-1 6-1) – See score progression
- Lara ArruabarrenaArruabarrena – Naiktha BainsBains (6-0 6-3) – See score progression
- Danielle LaoLao – Susanne CelikCelik (6-3 7-5) – See score progression
- Sohyun ParkPark – Xiaodi YouYou (7-5 6-3) – See score progression
- Ulrikke EikeriEikeri – Su Jeong JangJeong Jang (6-2 6-2) – See score progression
- Greetje MinnenMinnen – Jana FettFett (4-6 6-2 6-1) – See score progression
- Patricia Maria TigMaria Tig – Samantha MurrayMurray (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Priscilla HonHon – Yu Jin AhnJin Ahn (6-3 6-1) – See score progression
- Destanee AiavaAiava – Urszula RadwanskaRadwanska (1-6 7-69 6-1) – See score progression
- Danka KovinicKovinic – Alexandra CadantuCadantu (6-1 6-2) – See score progression
- Timea BabosBabos – Jaqueline CristianCristian (0-0) – See H2H details
- Danka KovinicKovinic – Danielle LaoLao (0-1) – See H2H details
- Greetje MinnenMinnen – Sohyun ParkPark (0-0) – See H2H details
- Priscilla HonHon – Destanee AiavaAiava (0-0) – See H2H details
- Patricia Maria TigMaria Tig – Ulrikke EikeriEikeri (0-0) – See H2H details
- Ana BogdanBogdan – Lara ArruabarrenaArruabarrena (0-2) – See H2H details
- Paula Badosa GibertBadosa Gibert – Jil TeichmannTeichmann (0-0) – See H2H details
- Ysaline BonaventureBonaventure – Jessica PegulaPegula (1-1) – See H2H details
- Karolina MuchovaMuchova – Alison Van UytvanckVan Uytvanck (0-0) – See H2H details
- Stefanie VoegeleVoegele – Ajla TomljanovicTomljanovic (1-2) – See H2H details
- Margarita GasparyanGasparyan – Tatjana MariaMaria (1-0) – See H2H details
- Denisa AllertovaAllertova – Kirsten FlipkensFlipkens (1-1) – See H2H details
- Anastasia PotapovaPotapova – Na-Lae HanHan (0-0) – See H2H details
- Irina-Camelia BeguBegu – Magda LinetteLinette (0-0) – See H2H details
- Kristie AhnAhn – Timea BacsinszkyBacsinszky (0-0) – See H2H details
- Ji-Hee ChoiChoi – Kristyna PliskovaPliskova (0-0) – See H2H details