Score, report, and key facts
Daniel overpowered the opposition at the beginning of the set after breaking Arguello in the 1st game (1-0) before consolidating his break and lead 3-0. Nonetheless, there was more work to do for the Japanese to win the set as the Argentine succeeded in breaking back in the 4th (1-3) game. Daniel maintained his focus to break Facundo in the 7th (5-2) game before winning the set (6-2).
Daniel started the set strong after breaking Arguello in the 1st game (1-0) before consolidating his break and lead 4-0. However, that wasn’t sufficient for Daniel to win the set since Facundo succeeded in breaking back in the 6th (2-4) game.
A crucial moment of the match was when Daniel won 4 consecutive games in the 2nd set to change the scoreline from 0-0 to 4-0.
At the end of the match, Daniel scored 60 points vs. Facundo’s 45 points.
The Japanese served exceptionally well to win 76% of the points (25/33) behind his first serve. Anyhow he won only 47% points (8/17) on his second serve. Daniel didn’t lose the focus when converting 63% of the break points that he procured (5/8). On the other side, Facundo was struggling in finding the solution in converting his break points as he converted only 29% of his break points (2/7). That was one of the key issues for his loss.
After this match, the head to head between Daniel and Arguello is 2-0 for Taro.
Next Match: Taro Daniel vs. Marco Cecchinato – stats
Daniel will compete against Cecchinato in the quarter.
The last time that they played each other, Cecchinato won 6-1 6-2 in the qualifications in Rio de Janeiro back in 2017.
Tennis Scores in Szczecin Challenger
- Taro DanielDaniel – Facundo ArguelloArguello (6-2 6-4) – See score progression
- Jozef KovalikKovalik – Pawel CiasCias (6-4 6-0) – See score progression
- Roberto Carballes BaenaCarballes Baena – Elliot BenchetritBenchetrit (6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Jeremy JahnJahn – Gianluca MagerMager (6-1 2-6 6-4) – See score progression
- Marco CecchinatoCecchinato – Alexey VatutinVatutin (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Constant LestienneLestienne – Riccardo BonadioBonadio (5-2 ret.) – See score progression
- Guido AndreozziAndreozzi – Daniel MichalskiMichalski (6-3 6-1) – See score progression
- Albert Ramos-VinolasRamos-Vinolas – Thomaz BellucciBellucci (7-5 6-2) – See score progression
- Albert Ramos-VinolasRamos-Vinolas – Jeremy JahnJahn (0-0) – See H2H details
- Jozef KovalikKovalik – Constant LestienneLestienne (0-0) – See H2H details
- Taro DanielDaniel – Marco CecchinatoCecchinato (0-1) – See H2H details
- Roberto Carballes BaenaCarballes Baena – Guido AndreozziAndreozzi (0-0) – See H2H details