Score, report, and key facts
The Slovakian won the set after he broke Cias in the 3rd (2-1) and in the 7th (4-3) game. Pawel tried to stage a comeback breaking in the 4th (2-2) game. Nevertheless, Kovalik managed to stay calm and finish the job before winning the set 6-4.
Cias wasn’t able to offer any resistance in this set and Jozef won the set 6-0.
At the end of the match, Jozef scored 63 points vs. the Pole’s 45 points.
Jozef served very well to win 82% of the points (18/22) behind his first serve. Yet he won only 48% points (13/27) on his second serve. The Slovakian was pretty focused in converting 63% of the break points that he procured (5/8). On the other side, Cias was battling in converting his break points since he converted only 33% of his break points (1/3). That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this match, the head to head between Kovalik and Cias is 1-0.
Next Match: Jozef Kovalik vs. Constant Lestienne – stats
Kovalik will come up against Lestienne in the quarter.
There is no head to head record between Jozef Kovalik and Constant Lestienne since this will be the first time that they will clash against each other at pro level.
Tennis Scores in Szczecin Challenger
- Taro DanielDaniel – Facundo ArguelloArguello (6-2 6-4) – See score progression
- Jozef KovalikKovalik – Pawel CiasCias (6-4 6-0) – See score progression
- Roberto Carballes BaenaCarballes Baena – Elliot BenchetritBenchetrit (6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Jeremy JahnJahn – Gianluca MagerMager (6-1 2-6 6-4) – See score progression
- Marco CecchinatoCecchinato – Alexey VatutinVatutin (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Constant LestienneLestienne – Riccardo BonadioBonadio (5-2 ret.) – See score progression
- Guido AndreozziAndreozzi – Daniel MichalskiMichalski (6-3 6-1) – See score progression
- Albert Ramos-VinolasRamos-Vinolas – Thomaz BellucciBellucci (7-5 6-2) – See score progression
- Albert Ramos-VinolasRamos-Vinolas – Jeremy JahnJahn (0-0) – See H2H details
- Jozef KovalikKovalik – Constant LestienneLestienne (0-0) – See H2H details
- Taro DanielDaniel – Marco CecchinatoCecchinato (0-1) – See H2H details
- Roberto Carballes BaenaCarballes Baena – Guido AndreozziAndreozzi (0-0) – See H2H details