Score, report, and key facts
Vilella Martinez was far too good to drop just 1 game before breaking Garcia-Lopez 3 times and win the set 6-1.
Garcia-Lopez had no answers in the last 6 games of the set (from 0-1 to 6-1).
Garcia-Lopez won the set after he broke Vilella Martinez in the 7th (4-3) game. Mario tried to stage a comeback breaking in the 8th (4-4) game. Anyhow, Guillermo didn’t lose the lead before winning the set at the following tiebreak at 3.
Garcia-Lopez wasted a good opportunity to break Vilella Martinez in the 5th game when he had 3 consecutive chances (0-40).
Garcia-Lopez conquered a commanding position in the outset to break Vilella Martinez in the 2nd game (2-0). Nonetheless, the set was not over yet and there was more work to do for Garcia-Lopez to win the set since Mario found the way to break back in the 3rd (1-2) game. Guillermo kept his focus to break Vilella Martinez in the 10th (6-4) game.
After this encounter, the head to head between Garcia-Lopez and Vilella Martinez is 1-0 for Guillermo.
Next Match: Guillermo Garcia-Lopez vs. Jaume Antoni Munar Clar – stats
Garcia-Lopez will compete against Antoni Munar Clar in the quarter.
The last time that they locked horns, Garcia-Lopez won 7-65 3-0 ret. in the 1st round in Como Challenger back in 2017.
Tennis Scores in
- Carlos TabernerTaberner – Paolo LorenziLorenzi (6-1 6-2) – See score progression
- Jaume Antoni Munar ClarAntoni Munar Clar – Bernabe Zapata MirallesZapata Miralles (6-4 6-4) – See score progression
- Guillermo Garcia-LopezGarcia-Lopez – Mario Vilella MartinezVilella Martinez (1-6 7-6(3) 6-4) – See score progression
- Inigo CervantesCervantes – Alex MolcanMolcan (6-0 3-6 7-5) – See score progression
- Viktor GalovicGalovic – Salvatore CarusoCaruso (0-0) – See H2H details
- Pedro SakamotoSakamoto – Alejandro Davidovich FokinaDavidovich Fokina (0-0) – See H2H details
- Kimmer CoppejansCoppejans – Julian OcleppoOcleppo (0-0) – See H2H details
- Pedro Martinez PorteroMartinez Portero – Carlos Alcaraz GarfiaAlcaraz Garfia (0-0) – See H2H details
- Carlos TabernerTaberner – Inigo CervantesCervantes (0-0) – See H2H details
- Jaume Antoni Munar ClarAntoni Munar Clar – Guillermo Garcia-LopezGarcia-Lopez (1-0) – See H2H details