Score, report, and key facts
Sugita won the set after recovering from 1 break down. In fact, after dropping his serve in the 3rd (1-2) game, Sugita broke back in the 4th (2-2) game before winning the set at the following breaker at 2.
Uchida lost the 4th game (2-2) when he was 40-0 up.
Yuichi won the set after he broke Kaichi in the 5th (3-2) and in the 9th (6-3) game. That break was sufficient for Yuichi to win the set since he didn’t concede his serve during the rest of the set.
At the end of the match, Yuichi scored 77 points vs. Kaichi’s 58 points.
Yuichi served pretty well to win 80% of the points (35/44) behind his first serve, and he won 53% points (8/15) on his second serve. Yuichi was pretty good in converting 75% of the break points that he procured (3/4). On the other side, Kaichi was well focused in converting 50% of the break points that he conquered points (1/2). Nonetheless, that was not enough to win the match.
After this contest, the head to head between Sugita and Uchida is 1-0.
Next Match: Yuichi Sugita vs. Enrique Lopez-Perez – stats
Sugita will face Lopez-Perez in the quarter.
There is no head to head record between Yuichi Sugita and Enrique Lopez-Perez since this will be the first time that they will fight against each other at pro level.
The last time that they played each other, Sugita won 6-2 6-4 in the 1st round in Zhuhai Challenger back in 2017.
Tennis Scores in Shanghai Challenger
- Yuichi SugitaSugita – Kaichi UchidaUchida (7-62 6-3) – See score progression
- Andrew HarrisHarris – Akira SantillanSantillan (2-6 5-5 ret.) – See score progression
- Prajnesh GunneswaranGunneswaran – Goncalo OliveiraOliveira (6-3 6-4) – See score progression
- Hiroki MoriyaMoriya – Max PurcellPurcell (4-6 7-62 6-1) – See score progression
- Di WuWu – Roberto Ortega-OlmedoOrtega-Olmedo (6-1 5-7 7-64) – See score progression
- Yasutaka UchiyamaUchiyama – Shuichi SekiguchiSekiguchi (6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Collin AltamiranoAltamirano – Tatsuma ItoIto (6-3 7-64) – See score progression
- Enrique Lopez-PerezLopez-Perez – Steven DiezDiez (6-4 7-5) – See score progression