Score, report, and key facts
Kenin had a racing start in this set after breaking Cornet in the 2nd game (2-0). Yet, there was more work to do for Kenin to win the set as Cornet found the way to break back in the 3rd (1-2) and in the 7th (3-4) game. Sofia maintained her cool to break Alize in the 4th (3-1) and in the 10th (6-4) game.
The American in this set played at a much higher level than Alize and for that reason she won 6-2 after breaking Cornet in the 6th (4-2) and in the 8th (6-2) game.
The French Player was powerless in the last 4 games of the set (from 2-2 to 6-2).
At the end of the match, the American scored 66 points vs. Alize’s 50 points.
Kenin didn’t lose the concentration in converting 71% of the break points that she procured (5/7). On the other side, the French Player was struggling in finding the solution in converting her break points since she converted only 40% of her break points (2/5). That was one of the key issues for her loss.
After this match, the head to head between Kenin and Cornet is 2-1 for Sofia.
Next Match: Sofia Kenin vs. Karolina Pliskova or Polona Hercog – stats
Tennis Scores in Zhengzhou
- Sofia KeninKenin – Alize CornetCornet (6-4 6-2) – See score progression
- Petra MarticMartic – Fiona FerroFerro (3-6 6-1 6-2) – See score progression
- Kristina MladenovicMladenovic – Caroline GarciaGarcia (7-5 6-2) – See score progression
- Karolina PliskovaPliskova – Polona HercogHercog (4-1) – See H2H details
- Kiki BertensBertens – Ajla TomljanovicTomljanovic (2-0) – See H2H details
- Saisai ZhengZheng – Alison RiskeRiske (2-4) – See H2H details
- Jelena OstapenkoOstapenko – Aryna SabalenkaSabalenka (0-0) – See H2H details
- Yulia PutintsevaPutintseva – Elina SvitolinaSvitolina (0-4) – See H2H details