Score, report, and key facts
The set was pretty even as both sides managed to hold the serve. The only difference was 1 break that the Dane conquered in the 9th game (5-4) before winning the set (6-4).
Redlicki conquered the set after recovering from 1 break down. In fact, after dropping his serve in the 5th (2-3) game, The American broke back in the 10th (5-5) game before winning the set at the following tiebreak at 9.
Mikael in this set didn’t concede much to the American and eventually he won 6-2 after breaking Martin in the 4th (3-1) and in the 8th (6-2) game.
At the end of the match, the Dane scored 112 points vs. Redlicki’s 96 points.
The Dane served extremely well to win 82% of the points (41/50) behind his first serve, and he won 54% points (32/59) on his second serve. Mikael was sharp when converting 67% of the break points that he conquered (4/6). On the other side, the American had some problems in converting his break points because he converted only 20% of his break points (1/5). That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this match, the head to head between Torpegaard and Redlicki is 1-0.
Next Match: Mikael Torpegaard vs. Michael Mmoh – stats
Torpegaard will play Mmoh in the 3rd round.
There is no head to head record between Mikael Torpegaard and Michael Mmoh since this will be the first time that they will play each other at pro level.
The last time that they locked horns, Mmoh won 7-5 6-3 in the semifinal in Columbus Challenger back in 2018.
Tennis Scores in Cary Challenger
- Christopher EubanksEubanks – Liam CaruanaCaruana (6-1 7-5) – See score progression
- Filip PeliwoPeliwo – Daniel Elahi GalanElahi Galan (1-6 7-65 6-4) – See score progression
- Noah RubinRubin – Evan SongSong (6-3 6-3) – See score progression
- Michael MmohMmoh – Alexander SarkissianSarkissian (5-7 7-64 6-0) – See score progression
- Mikael TorpegaardTorpegaard – Martin RedlickiRedlicki (6-4 6-79 6-2) – See score progression
- Donald YoungYoung – Renzo OlivoOlivo (6-4 6-3) – See score progression
- Enzo CouacaudCouacaud – Kevin KingKing (6-1 6-2) – See score progression
- Andreas SeppiSeppi – Liam BroadyBroady (0-0) – See H2H details
- Donald YoungYoung – Enzo CouacaudCouacaud (0-0) – See H2H details
- Mitchell KruegerKrueger – Daniel NguyenNguyen (0-0) – See H2H details
- Bjorn FratangeloFratangelo – Michael RedlickiRedlicki (0-0) – See H2H details
- Thai KwiatkowskiKwiatkowski – Brandon NakashimaNakashima (0-0) – See H2H details
- Mikael TorpegaardTorpegaard – Michael MmohMmoh (0-0) – See H2H details
- Jc AragoneAragone – Peter PolanskyPolansky (0-0) – See H2H details
- Noah RubinRubin – Christopher EubanksEubanks (0-0) – See H2H details
- Ryan PenistonPeniston – Tommy PaulPaul (0-0) – See H2H details
- Ben PataelPatael – Marcos GironGiron (0-0) – See H2H details
- Christian LangmoLangmo – Ulises BlanchBlanch (0-0) – See H2H details
- Nicolas MejiaMejia – John-Patrick SmithSmith (0-0) – See H2H details