Score, report, and key facts
Zverev had a boost of confidence at the beginning of the set after breaking Medvedev in the 1st game (1-0). the German to win the set (6-4) since there were no other breaks.
Neither player conceded a service game during this set. Therefore the affair had to be decided at the tiebreak. Eventually, Zverev won the breaker at 4.
At the end of the match, Alexander scored 63 points vs. the Russian’s 60 points.
Zverev served exceptionally well to win 88% of the points (45/51) behind his first serve. However, he won only 33% points (4/12) on his second serve. Zverev was pretty focused in converting 50% of the break points that he conquered (1/2). On the other side, Medvedev wasn’t able to conquer any break point. That was one of the key issues for his defeat.
After this contest, the head to head between Zverev and Medvedev is 5-1 for Alexander.
Highlights Alexander Zverev vs. Daniil Medvedev Nitto ATP Finals – London
After the match, Sascha commented
“The O2 is the most special arena for me. It’s where I play my best tennis. The atmosphere here is something we don’t play in anywhere else in the world. It’s so special to us. I’ve still got to improve. We’re in the semi-finals now and it doesn’t get any easier from here. I’m going to have to play my best tennis to have a chance.”
Next Match: Alexander Zverev vs. Dominic Thiem – stats
Zverev will face Thiem in the semifinal.
The last time that they competed against each other, Thiem won 6-4 6-2 6-1 in the quarter in Paris back in 2018.
Tennis Scores in London
- Rafael NadalNadal – Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas (6-74 6-4 7-5) – See score progression
- Alexander ZverevZverev – Daniil MedvedevMedvedev (6-4 7-64) – See score progression
- Matteo BerrettiniBerrettini – Dominic ThiemThiem (7-63 6-3) – See score progression
- Stefanos TsitsipasTsitsipas – Alexander ZverevZverev (6-3 6-2) – See score progression
- Dominic ThiemThiem – Novak DjokovicDjokovic (6-75 6-3 7-65) – See score progression
- Roger FedererFederer – Matteo BerrettiniBerrettini (7-62 6-3) – See score progression
- Novak DjokovicDjokovic – Matteo BerrettiniBerrettini (6-2 6-1) – See score progression